Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • turbo trainers
  • tinribz
    Free Member

Tell me about turbo trainers, are they better than exercise bikes and are the cheap ones cr@p or all much of a muchness? Will it wreck my bike?

~Or wot about one of these:

flatback
    Free Member

i like turbo trainers more than rollers you can let your mind wander, reach for a drink and not have to concentrate on not falling off, get yourself a old wheel with a slick tyre for turbo use, decent magnetic ones are ready available for £100, i have been on one every day except for just a few in the last 8 weeks as i have a prolapsed disc in my back, its keeping the weight down and a base level of fitness while i await a recovery
    got my heart to hit 193 on there today, not very often you can do that on the road

mogrim

They’re good exercise but deathly dull – with warmer weather and longer days I’d do proper ridiing, they’re definitely a winter thing in my book unless you’ve got a medical condition…

[edit: good exercise, not good…]

trail_rat
    Free Member

stick it infront of the telly and burn the sufferfest videos to dvd and play em ….

good work out ….

http://www.sufferfest.com i think …

Ed2001
    Free Member

Dont buy a new get one on here or e bay as many people buy use a couple of times and never use again( great time to buy too as most people buy one in winter months, so you should get a bargain). Personnally I think the key is to see it as a training tool rather than an alternative to riding outdoors ( they aren’t). However as a training tool in combination with a hrm they can be very very effective in improving performance.
    Will they wreck your bike-No.
    Look for manufacturers such as Elite, Cyclops,Taxc go for fluid or magnetic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘turbo trainers’ is closed to new replies.