Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Turbo Trainer that will work with a 29er?
  • rockitman
    Free Member

Do they exist?

Anyone got one?

Any good?

Thanks in advance

simondbarnes

Any of them will as surely you'll be using a road slick rather than a 29er tyre?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Don't do it even if it does fit.

You won't use it after 3 or 4 rides, guaranteed

clunker

Ditto

Stu_N

If you get a rim drive trainer it should be fine as a 29er rim is same diameter as a 700c road rim.

If you get a tyre drive one you'll need to use a slick tyre as a turbo and knobbly will end in tears. So you'll be running something the same size as a road tyre so again no problems.

I would refer you to JohnClimber and clunker's comments though…

rockitman
    Free Member

Why John / Clunker?

Do you mean don't do it – it won't work or
    Don't do it, turbo trainers are sh1t?

clunker

I dont like the feel of them. Would soon stick my lights on and get out in the fresh air.

tinribz
    Free Member

I dont like the feel of them. Would soon stick my lights on and get out in the fresh air.

That's not always an option if you've domestics and want to fit in three rides a week.

Have a TV in front of mine, my will power sucks but have managed to keep it warm last six months, more lately with the dark nights. Intervals & HRM are the way to go.

Plus 1 hour turbo is same benefit as 2 hours outdoors. 8)

Buy a cheap wheel put on an old cassette and slick. Thinking about it you could use an old 26er and not have to bother propping up the front end?

rockitman
    Free Member

Thinking about it you could use an old 26er and not have to bother propping up the front end?

Really, would that work? That would be the answer to all my problems I think…

aviemoron
    Free Member

Turbo's are an invaluable training tool, anyone who thinks they're a waste of time doesn't need to use them. Stick a cheap slick on an just do it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Turbo Trainer that will work with a 29er?’ is closed to new replies.