Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Turbo Trainer Questions.
  • gcaster
    Free Member

What do people use as a computer/performance indicator on a turbo?
    I’m toying with the idea of getting one but I’m not conviced my Shimano flightdeck will be of any use as I don’t know if the distance from the unit to the sensor will be too long if it’s on the rear.

Also, how important is it to have the front wheel raised. Does it prove much of an issue having it lower than the rear?

Anything else I ought to know before delving in?

Bregante

I have a pretty bog standard cat eye wired cadence computer on my turbo trainer bike – about £30 I think from Wiggle. Personally I hated having the front wheel low so I just propped it up on a brick (the turbo is in the garage).

tinribz
    Free Member

If you don’t raise the front you get a bad neck, numb hands. I use Garmin bike sensor with Forerunner 50 and HR mon. It automatically uploads to PC, plots a graph with HR, Cad, Distance, Speed, date. You ride based on BPM rather than speed.

gcaster
    Free Member

I have a pretty bog standard cat eye wired cadence computer on my turbo trainer bike – about £30 I think from Wiggle. Personally I hated having the front wheel low so I just propped it up on a brick (the turbo is in the garage).

I was planning on using my regular roadie with the Turbo and just dropping it in, I don’t really want to wire up another computer but looks like it could be the only option!

I use Garmin bike sensor with Forerunner 50 and HR mon. It automatically uploads to PC, plots a graph with HR, Cad, Distance, Speed, date. You ride based on BPM rather than speed.

I really don’t need anything nearly that complicated. Distance is all I really want and a cadence display would be good as well.

Are there any other options out there?

Cheers guys.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My back tyre is about 1 inch off the floor when turboing, can’t notice the gradient?!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Turbo Trainer Questions.’ is closed to new replies.