Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • turbo trainer or trixter bike
  • thewalker
    Free Member

hi all ,iam looking to do extra this winter at home anyone ever tryed both,road bike and turbo trainer,or trixter bike which would you think gives a better work out or which is better . thanks

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not tried a trixter. Can’t really see what benefit you’d get over a bike on the turbo. Though Sinitta apparently uses one so they must be good 🙂 Can’t see why you’d want to spend the extra cash over just popping your bike on the turbo. If you want to add a “core” aspect to your indoor training then might be worth considering rollers.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The turbo trainer will give you all the work out you need – I’ve not wished for anything harder than my Tacx, plus you can take the bike outside at any point should you wish. Tacx doesn’t do power and data but Trainerroad is fine for that.

Not tried a Trixter though. Can you fit your own choice of saddle, pedals and get a realistic proper bike set up?

mogrim

Not tried a Trixter, but have used loads of spinning bikes. Main advantages are the noise, they’re a lot more robust, no tyre wear etc.

The downsides are pretty obvious: more expensive than a turbo, take up space.

Although apparently Trixter also has video / online racing stuff, can see that could make it more interesting. If that’s an important part of why you’re considering one you could also look at BKool turbos.

thewalker
    Free Member

thanks all good points.i work silly hrs from this mth on,so cant get to gym may not get in till gone 23.00,looking for something to keep fitness up to do wen i get home or take to work , but cant leave work got to stay on site.thanks again

mogrim

take to work , but cant leave work got to stay on site

There’s a reason I said spinning bikes (and the Trixter by the looks of it) are more robust: they’re very solidly built. Think a 16kg flywheel and a frame made from girders. This of course means they’re pretty heavy and a pain to move, not sure whether that’s a consideration or not.

thewalker
    Free Member

yes mogrim they look very well built theres two of us so lifting out of van each day should,nt be a problem, could,nt leave it there it would get damaged thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘turbo trainer or trixter bike’ is closed to new replies.