Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Turbo trainer in a top floor flat.
  • JCornford

I'm moving and it is looking likely to be a flat. I don't normally use a turbo trainer but to help my long recovery from injury (after I've had my ops) I am thinking a turbo trainer infront of the tv would be a good idea, but I was just wondering what they are like in flats, is there a lot of noise transference between floors? Can you get quiet ones? The last one I had was a wind resistant one and it was ridiculously noisy.

The-Badger
    Free Member

I've got a magnetic one, its pretty quiet – certainly quieter than my old fan version by a factor of 10.

you should be ok, if you have a fluid or magnetic trainer and dont use it directly on a hard floor (rubber mat maybe or double thickness of carpet?)

Junkyard
    Free Member

no louder than your tv should be fine. Just find out which room below that they are in and use it in another room

scaredypants

mat and one of those orange tyres & you may be OK (besides, you'll only use it twice 😉 )

tracknicko
    Free Member

shouldnt matter too much. after 5 mins of getting on it you'll relaise how soul destroyingly dull they are and give up anyway!

stumpy01

Might be worth sitting it on some kind of rubber mat/thicker layer of carpet?
    I've got a cheap Tacx one from CRC that's not that loud. I think it's magnetic, although it's hard to tell how loud it would be in a domestic environment as it sat on the bare boards of my shed.

Would those parabolic rollers do the same job and be any quieter?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Turbo trainer in a top floor flat.’ is closed to new replies.