Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Turbo trainer…. Hmmm… in works car park ?
  • weeksy

Got some bloke on his road bike in works car park, fully kitted up, full lycra on his turbo trainer….

Is that a bit/lot weird or what ?

richardk
    Free Member

Suffer

Tour of Sufferlandria. Ask if he has the knighthood yet, if not, mock him.

tomhoward

That’s a very lot wierd…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Go and push him over, like cow tipping, see if his legs still go round

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Kudos for getting it done I’d say. Any port in a storm

brakes
    Free Member

dress up as the devil and go and ring a cowbell in his ear and shout “Allez!, Allez!, Allez!” in his face.
    at least then he won’t be the weirdest one in the car park.

rene59
    Free Member

Yes, wearing full lycra is weird.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brakes, like this you mean?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19KZZChQt20[/video]

fasthaggis

No it’s not,just like going to the Gym at lunchtime 🙂

jekkyl

drive past him slowly and get a pic, then link it up here.

Haze

A cyclist on a turbo trainer…wearing cycling kit?!

Bit weird if he has his helmet and glasses on though…

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, wearing full lycra is weird.

Because wearing baggies on a turbo is way more normal!?

Kudos for getting it done I’d say. Any port in a storm

This. Pretty weird, but chapeau for his dedication!

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Pretty normal activity in my circles.

I do it myself when I have to work out of other offices too. My home office we have a “turbo room” but no such luck elsewhere.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

My current client has a gym with a LeMond trainer in it with power meter, completely lucked out, result 8)

ndthornton
    Free Member

Turbo trainer…. Hmmm… in works car park ?

I wonder if anyone has ever been run over while out for a pretend ride…?
    😈

emac65
    Free Member

Surely he could just go for a ride if he’s got all his gear there anyway ?

njee20
    Free Member

Not always the point of turbo training though, it has the potential to be a much better use of time, I imagine he’s actually training rather than just trying to get a bit of a ride in.

emac65
    Free Member

Yes but in the works car park,c’mon !

dknwhy

You should make his cycling experience more realistic by stopping your car next to him and getting a passenger to punch him into a taxi.

njee20
    Free Member

Suggests even more that it’s about training, not just having a bit of a ride.

maxtorque

Get your own turbo, and set up a Pelton?? 😉

(take turns at the front to maximise your combined performance….)

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

He’s swallowed his pride and is training in a way to maximise his available time. It’s about trying to be the best you can be and only a small percentage of the biking population has this mentality. Whether you think it’s a good idea or not, hat’s off to him for doing it.

bails

I LOLed at the peloton. I think the Didi cowbells are better though!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s about trying to be the best you can be and only a small percentage of the biking population has this mentality

You mean….It’s all about PERFORMANCE?

theotherjonv

set up a running machine next to it, but just slightly in front. Then pretend you’re racing him. He’ll be so ashamed at not being able to catch you up and overtake, he’ll soon jack in.

lemonysam
    Free Member

set up a running machine next to it, but just slightly in front. Then pretend you’re racing him. He’ll be so ashamed at not being able to catch you up and overtake, he’ll soon jack in.

Alternatively do this holding a broken plastic wild boar to give him the full tdf experience.

robhenry85
    Free Member

yep weird, in the works car park? on a turbo?

he should be inside, at his desk, on the turbo!

flap_jack
    Free Member

I do this. It’s a sensible use of time.

Some days I weight train instead.

Everyone thinks I’m a knob. I don’t give a … I’m as fit as a butcher’s dog and built like a brick ….house so they don’t dare say anything.

I haven’t done it for a few weeks though, so it’s not me you’re talking about.

Just re-read original post. Don’t do it in lycra, I must admit.

TiRed

Someone at work does the same. Bike and turbo taken to work in the car. A turbo sessionm at lunch and then a shower. Good use of time. He said he’d love to commute by bike but with a young family and a 25 mile ride each way, he doesn’t have the time. We have no gym at work.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Was he wearing a helmet?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Was he in the middle of the car park space or less than 0.5m from the left edge?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sounds like quite a good idea and an effective use of time to me. What’s the problem with Lycra? I’d not do turbo work without proper cycling shorts, gets very sweaty down there when stationary. (Never worn baggies on the turbo but reckon it’d be horrid.)

traildog
    Free Member

He’s making use of his available time. I don’t think it’s weird in any way, just dedicated.

convert

What’s the problem with Lycra?

Shorts mandatory imo. Never worn cycling top when turboing though – old t shirt for the first few minutes then down to just the bib shorts for the remainder. cycling in just a pair of bib shorts in a public place could be seen as a bit gimp like though I guess.

Am assuming he was turboing next to his car/van or close to the rear entrance to the building and not in the middle of an otherwise empty car park? That seems fair enough and very dedicated.

I think turbos are the critical point where commuter or leisure cyclists and competitive cyclists reach their parting of ways and comprehension. For competitive types the turbo is, very much like the ergo for rowers, a training addition for specific benefits rather than something to do when its raining outside. For leisure cyclists the very point of being on a bike is to be out taking in the view etc.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Turbo trainer…. Hmmm… in works car park ?’ is closed to new replies.