Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • turbo trainer
  • Davidian
    Free Member

Hey.

Can anyone recommend a turbo trainer that wouldn’t be too loud when used on wooden floor. I’d always assumed they would be noisey, is that the case?

Spud

Got a CycleOps recently as a kit from Whinstanleys, rubber mat helps a huge amount with the wooden floor.One of these: http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/18942/CycleOps_Jet_Fluid_Pro_Winter_Training_Kit. But didn’t pay that.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not really. A big rubber mat (I have this one) helps a lot. I’ve a Minoura VR760 Mag one and that’s not particularly loud. Recommendations for a turbo specific tyre is a bit mixed, but I like the Schwalbe one and reckon it’s quieter. Though TBH I can’t hear the turbo over the massive fan I have inches from my face!

Northwind

I had a cyclops, it was very loud. My Tacx Bluemotion is far quieter and less “boomy” too so the sound doesn’t travel as much, even without a floor mat or anything like that.

I didn’t notice any noise difference when going from a turbo tyre to a cheap old road slick but that’s not to say there’s never a difference.

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t notice any noise difference when going from a turbo tyre to a cheap old road slick but that’s not to say there’s never a difference

Biggest advantage of turbo tyres over slicks is the wear, I reckon.

sandwicheater

FIL has the Tacx Blue Motion magnetic and I was surprised how quiet it was. I however have nothing to compare it to. Just assumed they would be noisier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘turbo trainer’ is closed to new replies.