Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Turbo Trainer
  • simmy
    Free Member

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_223837_langId_-1_categoryId_229901

Didnt even realise Halfords did them as I normally avoid the place but has anyone used the one ive given the link for ?

A Google reveals Bike Radar gave it 2 stars due to it being rough and noisy, but the Halfords and Wiggle reviews are good.

Should I bother ?

andybanks
    Free Member

I’ve got that exact model on loan from friends at the moment.

Yes it’s noisy but does the job it’s meant to do.

I’ve nothing to compare it to and if you hadn’t mentioned it being noisy I’d have thought nothing of it.

simmy
    Free Member

Just over £96 with British Cycling discount so think I may reserve one

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Personally I would pay a bit more and get the Elite fluid one from Wiggle. Very, very quiet and feels quite natural.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I think I’ve got that one, or a slightly earlier version as its a different colour.

Its all relative but I’ve found mine acceptably quiet and fairly smooth. But then I paid about half that second hand and had nothing to compare it to other than a super cheap one I got from Clarkes.

There are a couple of Minoura ones around that price at Merlincycles and they get a much better write up.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got a minura hypermag with a remote resistance controller (Low,1,2,3,4,5,high), doesnt get used anywhere near enough so £100 posted if anyone wants it?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

CycleOps Mag trainer might be a better bet and not much extra money.

Haze

CycleOps Mag trainer might be a better bet and not much extra money.

I have that one, don’t know how it compares to others but it seems pretty noisy to me.

Not a problem if using in the garage with headphones…

fubar
    Free Member

£125.99 alone or £108 if bought with the front wheel riser – go figure !

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I used to have a cyclops mag, the minoura has more resistance and less noise. The cyclops is still pretty good though compared to the one I had before.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Turbo Trainer’ is closed to new replies.