Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tunisia – anyone been?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks like I might get to spend some time there with work sometime soon, so should I bother taking the bike? Google throws up lots of people riding around on dirt roads, but not the epic super techy singletrack I was hoping for 🙁

brakes
    Free Member

I went when I was three, my lasting memories are cutting my toe on a 7-up bottle, everyone getting a stomach bug, not leaving the resort after dark and being weed on by a lion.

TheFlyingOx

No. It’s flat and sandy, and you’ll spend too much time on the crapper to think about anything other than your apparent impending death from squitting your insides out.

TheFlyingOx

Although the Atlas Mountains to the North West do look a bit tasty.

markenduro
    Free Member

Spent a bit of time in Tunis and Djerba, dusty horrible shite hole with not a lot to do, the only beer you could find tasted of olives, no wonder they are having a revolution….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hmmmmmm doesn’t sound promising, the Atlas mountains sound good, but more than a little drive away as I’ve a feeling I’ll be somewhere around the southern end of the coast.

Sailing looks like it has potential though……………

Lummox

The only way I’d go back to Tunisia is if it was a stopping flight. Hated it! Advised to not leave the resort, definately not at night.

Now if you had a choice I can thoroughly recommend Oman, lots of riding, big ex pat scene too.

ridingscared
    Free Member

like lummox said- not to put too finer point on it its a sh*thole, I’d rather have a week in work. Never have i seen so many unfinished buildings being looked at by groups of men smoking the bong.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Loads of times.

My mums family all come from La Marsa.. (about 20kms out of Tunis)

Never ridden out there.. But I reckon it could be fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tunisia – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.