Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tunes to feature in a video
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

If you had a choice, what music would you include in a mountain bike movie?
    It would be good if it hasn't been used before….

Some thing with a decent beat is essential.

Please give me some ideas.

singletrackmind

Ride by the Lost Prophets

Solution Devices Biffy Clyro

Maybe too shouty and not banging enough.

otherwise Pendulum / SubFocus genre

nickc

please no.

vinnyeh

I'd look at things that were out of copyright.. refer here.

Northwind

Mainly I just cut the video into rough shape then find a song the right length and fine-trim to tase, inspiration usually comes along sooner or later. Like this…

I'd never in a million years thought of using that song, originally I soundtracked it with Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys, which wasn't quite the same 🙂 Not that it's an amazing vid, but I was pleased with how it came out, and as soon as I dropped the song onto it, it was just right.

I've managed to use a few of the ones I really wanted to, Mogwai Fear Satan despite being enormously long got into one, Roll On by the Living End into another, and I finally managed to shoehorn Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction into a Fort William video. Though I had to use the Sepultura cover to make it fit the vid.

Then again, I got fed up of endless dance, rap and nu metal motorbike vids so I developed a taste for slightly different soundtracks…

And it's a bit of an easy one but it's only a matter of time til I do something with Mountains by Biffy Clyro… The session version not the Guns N Roses-esque album version though.

Sirlickalot
    Free Member

I love drum n bass, but it's possibly one of the worst types of music for this sort of thing, except maybe Aisle 13 by Bad Company.

I'd stick Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada on a vid if I made one.

Underhill
    Free Member

Mighty Mighty Bosstones- Jackknife to a Swan.

Don't know if it's been used before, but I think it could really work with the right video.

Edit: Just watched Pentland Dreaming, cracking song choice Northwind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tunes to feature in a video’ is closed to new replies.