Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Tuna flavoured cat food. Why?
  • Harry_the_Spider

In their natural habitat there is no way a cat would eat a tuna. Even if they got themselves organised enough to hire a boat they would struggle to land one.

Why isn’t it mouse flavoured?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Have you ever tried mouse?

Disgusting, whether or not you’re a cat.

RealMan
    Free Member
    creamegg
    Free Member

i like chinese food, but im not chinese! 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

So are you serious? If so, it’s obvious – they make catfood out of whatever’s left over from making human food. So they eat what we eat. If there was someone sweeping up the bits off the floor of the mouse steak factory then they’d be eating that too. But I don’t think mouse steak would catch on.

IdleJon

My dogs love toast but can’t use a toaster.

(They prefer to grill it!)

loddrik
    Free Member

Pineapples don’t grow in my natural habitat but…

RobHilton
    Free Member

Why banana milkshake?

In my natural environment I would never come across a banana.

Maybe that’s why banana milkshake tastes nothing like bananas? Possibly the makers are hoping I’ve never tried a banana so won’t know banana milkshake bears no resemblance taste-wise to actual, real bananas; or maybe they’ve never encountered a real banana so they’re just working on their best approximation.

Like Tasty Wheat.

Harry_the_Spider

So are you serious?

1. No, I am not serious.
    2. I don’t have a cat.

RobHilton
    Free Member

But does it taste like tuna, really?

Go on HtS, get serious and try some (it’s fit for human consumption).

thomthumb
    Free Member

Have you ever tried mouse?

could it be worse than tuna?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Rat tastes a bit like pigeon, a little ‘gamey’ if you will, but I’d never touch mouse again, it’s too much like chicken for me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So is dog food made from dogs? I could be tempted to try some.

It normally has a picture of a dog on the front of it…

molgrips
    Free Member

How did you prepare the mouse, GG?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Mouse ‘au gratin’ molgrips. With a side of nettles.

IdleJon

GlitterGary – Member
    Rat tastes a bit like pigeon, a little ‘gamey’ if you will, but I’d never touch mouse again, it’s too much like chicken for me.

I don’t believe that mouse tastes gamey!

How long do you hang it for?

Don’t they call mouse ‘longpig’ for a reason?

RealMan
    Free Member

they make catfood out of whatever’s left over from making human food.

Isn’t dog food mostly horse?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So are you serious? If so, it’s obvious – they make catfood out of whatever’s left over from making human food. So they eat what we eat. If there was someone sweeping up the bits off the floor of the mouse steak factory then they’d be eating that too. But I don’t think mouse steak would catch on

I have some vague memory from an industry insider, that the hygiene standards are higher for animal food than for human food.

molgrips
    Free Member

Horse is left over from human food. Horse ploughs fields, fields grow food, horse dies.. 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

….they like fish, ( my cat from years ago was caught many a time leaning over the fish tank dipping its paw into the water… (thats cats-fishing for ya…. 😉

convert

Our cat goes absolutely mental for tuna. She has a tunadar and is capable of sensing a tuna tin opening from 100yds. Strangely not so fussed by fresh tuna, maybe not so middle class as her slave 😉 but can’t be tricked into thinking tuna “flavoured” cat food is the real tinned deal.

loum
    Free Member

Is mouse OK on the iDave diet?

khani
    Free Member

Cats like live mice, it’s the chase and inflicting a slow death and live disembowelment they enjoy not the taste
    If cats looked on the outside the same as they actualy are on the inside they’d be green and scaley like a bloody crocodile,
    They only tolerate you cos you give em food and fuss, if you dropped dead they’d eat your eyeballs with a nice chianti and find another mug to feed em

boblo
    Free Member

Our cat will only eat tuna. Fussy b’stard. We ad im at the vet yesterday – ‘cat bite abscesse’. All I’d say is…..phooooeeeee. It dint alf stink.

Little fellas almost back to normal now after a couple of days feeling very sorry for himself. Back to scrapping no doubt….

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Realman, is that a savannah? It looks like my cat

Cougar

Cat food is marketed to appeal to cat owners, not cats. Presumably market research has shown that people wouldn’t buy mouse-flavoured cat food. (I would – I’ve been making the same observation for years. I doubt that my idea for cat-flavoured dog food would be as popular though.)

stumpy01

I have some vague memory from an industry insider, that the hygiene standards are higher for animal food than for human food.

I worked at the Spiller’s factory that makes Felix cans while on a university placement as a manufacturing engineer.
    The above was what I was told at the time…the laws/rules for animal food are stricter than human food.

Certainly the meat coming out of the freezer was not the stuff left over once they had made the food for us humans…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Tuna flavoured cat food. Why?’ is closed to new replies.