Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tumble dryer help
  • philjunior
    Free Member

I’ve got a faulty tumble dryer.

Before consigning it to ebay/the tip (in seperate parts) I thought I’d see if anyone on here has any expertise?

Essentially, I’ve had to replace the main circuit board and the heater element/thermostat assembly due to a short to earth on one of the thermostats.

It no longer shorts out, and turns on as normal, however the heating element does not come on. I’ve checked resistances between the contacts (as far as I can see in the manner in which I’d expect them to pair up based on the wiring to the thermostats and element) on the assembly, and they’re giving similar resistances across them to the original (which was shorting out but otherwise OK). I’ve also quadruple checked that everything is plugged in where it should be inside.

Does anyone have any idea what my issue is, or able to point me to Beko technical data (or any fault finding procedure) so I can check things properly? Although it’s out of warranty it’s not that old so I’d like to fix it, but paying someone else to do so is uneconomical.

I don’t have much beyond a multimeter/screwdriver.

T1000
    Free Member

Look to see if the dryer has a thermal overload cutout, if it’s failed it would stop the element heating up

philjunior
    Free Member

It does and I will try this when I get home…

bodgy
    Free Member

Is there anything that this forum can’t answer?

philjunior
    Free Member

Unfortunately so far so cold… there couldn’t be a second one somewhere could there? Or any other suggestions?

T1000
    Free Member

Check the neutral to the element there might be a 2nd one there.

Have a look at the parts list Espares to see is there are any other protective devices listed that you might not have spotted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tumble dryer help’ is closed to new replies.