Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tubs for cross.are we agreed…..
  • oldgit
    Free Member

That they are the best option?
    For pure racing, not for training or forays onto mountainbike trail just for race day.
    My wheels are just about shot as are my tyres, so I need the whole lot. (they’re factory BTW and not re buildable)
    And I’m right in thinking that they have better run flat qualities?

plop_pants
    Free Member

Well if I could afford them then I’d give them a try. In the London league yesterday the guy who came 3rd was running a pair with only 1.5 bar and he’s over 80kgs. Must have been so much easier on the muddy corners and climbs. They are a bugger if you put them on rims with internal spoke nipples like some carbon rims. If the wheel goes out of true then its major faff time.

aP
    Free Member

I like them.
    I use tufo tubus flexus which are a bit more substantial and last ages. I used them for the 3 Peaks, going over Cross Fell, riding out to the Surrey Hills (& over them) and in this year’s very unsatisfactory and minimal racing.

oldgit
    Free Member

Just going to Google those.
    I’d only go Ultegra/Reflex anyway none of that carbonium stuff.

aP
    Free Member

They’re not cheap, but they have removable valve cores and I put a scoop of stans in to deal with punctures.

simondbarnes

I’ll be running them next season if I can scrape some pennies together.

oldgit
    Free Member

forty bucks seems the going price for those, Vittorias and Chalenge.
    Teenagers are here now…..that’s that then byeeeeeeee

AntLockyer
    Free Member

Yes they are far better than clinchers. I splurged on tyres this year and the difference in every single aspect of bike handling is unreal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tubs for cross.are we agreed…..’ is closed to new replies.