Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • tubless weelset????????
  • peckerontour
    Free Member

Call me a Numpty but i have just baught a tubless weelset!!!
    I was riding up in the mendips the other day and it suddenly dawned on me that if i get a puncture i am copletly screwed!!! all the boys had puncture repair kits and or new innertubes but i had sweet FA

and was wondering if there is an easy solution. i know u can get tubless patches for rips in the tire and some sort of glue to heal thorn attacks but can any one shed some real light on the matter of, when u get a puncture and your weel is coverd in crap, what is the easyist way to fix it??? much apreciated!!!!
    chris

tragically1969
    Free Member

Never heard of innertubes ?

mboy
    Free Member

Run with some tubeless sealant inside the tyre… It's got to be a catastrophic blowout (which would knacker any normal tyre and tube setup anyway) to kill the tyre and leave you unable to ride home!

Also, keep a presta (schraeder valve tubes won't fit) tube in your camelbak, just in case… I've been riding tubeless for years now. The worst I've had is after riding through a load of thorns my tyre lost a bit of pressure, but the sealant had still sealed the holes. So I stopped, but a few psi back in, and off I rode!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    devs
    Free Member

Sealant. Tubes. Anchovies. Patches. Superglue. You are an antinumpty for going tubeless. You are a numpty for not taking any puncture precautions though.

glenh
    Free Member

Errr, carry an innertube?

peckerontour
    Free Member

Cheers mboy!!!

i take it the tubless sealant is pretty standard stuff!!!
    and u can take the UST valve out on the trails hassle free too fit the innertube??

bent_udder
    Free Member

Fantastic bit of trolling, though, don't you think?

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers mboy!!!

i take it the tubless sealant is pretty standard stuff!!!
    and u can take the UST valve out on the trails hassle free too fit the innertube??

No problems

Yes, best stuff IMO is Stans Sealant

Yes you can, they're just held on (tightly mind) by a knurled lockring, undo it, remove the valve, you can put a presta valve tube straight in.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘tubless weelset????????’ is closed to new replies.