Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tubeless road tires – recommendations
  • hydrophil
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend anything that works well that you dont require a mortage for like the Schwalbes Ultremo – there must be cheaper tires out there that work just as well…?

KevinPP
    Free Member

I can only recommend the Ultremo’s as its all I have used but they are an excellent tyre. Mine came from Germany and I think I paid about £65 for the pair with lube after shopping around.
    Seem to be wearing well and no punctures (about 4 months use in total)
    Don’t think you’ll find much cheaper (yet).

Shred
    Free Member

I’ve used the Hutchinson fusion 2 and 3, and am now running Bontrager R3 TLR. I really like the R3s, good grip with no problems so far.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woodnut
    Free Member

I bought Ultremos from Germany also, and they’ve been great, a revelation really…but I think you’ll struggle to get them cheap now, being replaced by the Schwalbe One Tubeless I think. Hutchinsons seem to be well reviewed though?

gab344
    Free Member

+1 on the Bontrager R3’s. (You can get the less expensive R2 tubeless also) I found the Hutchinson Fusion 3’s not very durable, they were full of cuts in less than a 1000k

hydrophil
    Free Member

KevinPP and Woodnut – do you have a web link for a German store?
    cheers

ollie51
    Free Member

I’ve tried the ultremos, Hutchinson Fusions and the Bontrager R3s.

The R3s were best by miles, the Ultremos cut too easily and the Hutchinsons just are a bit crap. 25mm R3s are outrageously grippy too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless road tires – recommendations’ is closed to new replies.