• This topic has 45 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • tubelessness…. is this normal?
  • alpin
    Free Member

that’s the best i’ve got, sorry mols….

stevious

Can’t be of any help but I am impressed with how many posts there are and how few folk refer to it as ‘sealant’. I call it ‘tyre custard’.

Northwind

Had very few tyres that wouldn’t seal properly with 60-90ml of sealant, and tbh those that wouldn’t seemed like they wouldn’t seal if you put in a gallon- some holes just don’t want to seal, my Contis quite often need a wee patch or two to get them to seal.

By and large, I find anything non-UST tends to go down overnight til it’s been ridden, then stays up. If it doesn’t then something is generally wrong.

jairaj

alpin – Member
    …filled with each tyre with 30ml of gunk …

Yep sorry missed that bit.

I would try being more Enduro first. As already suggested, try gurnning your face more and using more day glow / fluro coloured clothing.

Failing that a bit more sealant and I think you’ll be fine. 30 ml is a very small amount try at least double that. Depending on the tyre some can be very porous so the first addition of sealant gets used quite quickly sealing the tiny holes. So check the sealant levels after a few rides and top up if necessary.

jairaj

edit double post … nothing to see …

alpin
    Free Member

well you’ll be pleased to know that after adding 20ml to each tyre, SO ~50ml in total, and stuffing them full of air and rotating the wheels every 30mins for a fwe hours last night they have held up overnight.

think i’m good to go…

thanks for your help and entertainment.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘tubelessness…. is this normal?’ is closed to new replies.