Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tubelessing DT 29er rims
  • NZCol

I’ve got some new tyres and want to go Tubeless on my DT 340/TK7 29er wheelset. I think they are TK7 rims but could be x470. Anyhoo – seems really hard to find rimstrips to fit , well, any DT 29er wheels at all ?
    Can i use the Stans rimstrips (these say Bontrager 29’er V-Brake, Salsa Delgado-X, Mavic 520 Touring 29inch rims) no mention of DT
    The DT kits i find are 26″ – have never seen a 29″ one.
    I have some decent 26″ tubes with removeabel cores so could probably ghetto these ?
    Any suggestions/comments/experience.
    I’m a 71kg xc whippet btw of thats of help/interest.

jonwebb

You need the NoTubes Plus Four rimstrip

http://www.notubes.com/support_selecting.php#rs05

jon

NZCol

Indeed I do – cheers for that , will get it sorted once i find somewhere that can get them 🙂

jonwebb

without wishing to be too obvious, you can get them here:
    http://www.justridingalong.com/?product=56

NZCol

…locally was missing off my original post 🙂

NZCol

Oh well as I feared they aren’t imported to NZ so I’ll get them online then ….

hazeii
    Free Member

I ran the Plus Fours with TK7.1 rims and Maxxis Ignitors for a while. All sealed up fine but the front tended to burp on ruts, no matter what pressure I used (81kg, rigid carbon forks).

Switched to using ZTR Arch 29er rims with Olympic rim strips (all from JRA) and that works fine for me.

NZCol

hazeii – interesting, you are the second person thats told me they had burping problems with the tk7.1s and rimstrips…my next ponderation was to get some new rims and rebuild the wheels as i fancy something slightly lighter so maybe some nice hubs and some new rims instead.

hazeii
    Free Member

NZCol – to be fair to TK 7.1’s, they are sold as ‘trekking rims’, not even for off-road; I used them because in the early 29’er days there wasn’t a lot of choice. Still using them for most of my offroad riding (with tubes) and working fine for that.

For a lighter wheelset, I have been very happy with the ZTR Arch 29ers tubeless on DT240 hubs; tend to keep them for special occasions though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tubelessing DT 29er rims’ is closed to new replies.