Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • tubeless wheels – is it a bad idea to swap tyres frequently?
  • 2tyred

As per title really. Using a set between my 29er and my CX race bike, not that hard to swap tyres around but is it likely to have a detrimental effect on how well seated and sealed they are, over time?

madhouse

wouldn’t think so – you’re more likely to wear they tyre out before the rim beading.

Unless you’re using razorblades for tyre levers of course.

angeldust
    Free Member

In my experience, no. They are either fitted properly or not, and refitting them repeatedly does not seem to inhibit their ability to be fitted correctly.

2tyred

Cheers!

(although really I was after some justification for my laziness so I can buy a new set of wheels)

Yak

No, it’s terrible. Buy some more wheels.

chiefgrooveguru

It’s an awful waste of time! And as rims wear out from fatigue and hubs from usage then it would be more cost effective in the long run to buy another set of wheels – although harder on cash flow right now.

Buy away! 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s fine as long as you aren’t subjecting the wheels to different disciplines. All MTB, fine. Don’t swap one set of wheels between, say, road racing and BMX, or MTB and cyclocross – that’s very dangerous and it would be better to buy a second set of wheels.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘tubeless wheels – is it a bad idea to swap tyres frequently?’ is closed to new replies.