• This topic has 46 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Tubeless – what do you carry?
  • D0NK

How do the anchovies work on none UST tyres?
    I’ve used panaracer tubeless repair kit (which I think are similar) on UST ok, doubtful they’ll work OK on flimsy “normal” tyres. Think anchovies might be a bit different tho, anyone know?

I carry tube, pump, normal patches and panaracer kit.

I’ve had to resort to tubes a few times, when I do flat a tubeless it tends to pinch a big (repairable) hole in the main body of the tyre and a teeny tiny hole on the tyre bead which needs to be patched from the inside at home once clean and dry; even then sometimes it won’t hold air. But considering I used to get multiple flats nearly every ride the occasional one now means tubeless still gets a big thumbs up from me.

wonnyj
    Free Member

on local rides just a water bottle, multitool, phone, door key.

on longer rides, sidewall repair kit, tube, pump, food as well

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

about 9 years on tubeless of one type or another now.

I’ve settled on anchovies and their tool, Park emergency tyre, patches, 5ml tube of superglue 100ml of spare sealant. I’ve had about 7 major punctures since running tubeless – nearly all from non-tubeless tyres. Having a tubed setup wouldn’t have made a difference to these.

I find the spoke nipple key on my multi-tool fine for removing valve cores.

cookeaa

cookeaa you’ve had the need once in 4yrs yet you still carry 2 tubes?

Yep.

Sods law dictates that if I only take one I’ll cut both tyres on a bit of flint or something.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best. That is the saying isn’t it?

Klunk
    Free Member

I don’t get the anchovies only thing, I’ve had a couple of tubeless punctures where the tyres deflated so quickly its rolled straight off the rim. I know mountain morph pumps are good but I would want to have to seat a tubeless tyre with one.

Sods law dictates that if I only take one I’ll cut both tyres on a bit of flint or something.

happened to me on penmachno chard of slate slashed both tyres was not happy.

Taff
    Free Member

tube, pump, repair kit. Did have some self adhesive flashing tape whish will repair a sidewall and keep it tubeless in emergencies but used it and not replaced it… should probably do that

D0NK

I know mountain morph pumps are good but I would want to have to seat a tubeless tyre with one.

another reason why I’ve not tried to fix a “normal” tyre. Proper UST system will go up with a mini pump, others will vary wildly, by the time you’ve plugged, faffed, tried several times to inflate and maybe got it inflated and maybe the plug will hold – you could have put a tube in and been on your way.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless – what do you carry?’ is closed to new replies.