Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tubeless weight savings…
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I finally bit the bullet and did the tubeless thing. The first wheel took 40 minutes and when I realised how the soapy water made things work the second took 5 thanks to Stans rums and Hans Damfs.
    The only thing is I weighed the tubes at 10oz for the pair and I banged in 8oz of slime and two valves. Under 2oz doesn’t seem much of a saving. Of course the main benefit is going to be when the council starts hacking down the overhanging nettles and brambles on the cycle route in…

soobalias
    Free Member

there is no weight advantage as you have found.

you can run lower pressures without snakebite punctures and you can ride through freshly cut hawthorn without a care in the world.

nothing is perfect tho. the racing ralph ust seem to use so much stans fluid to seal the tyre carcass that there is very little left for fixing punctures, had one annoying one (flint slice) and one terminal one in the last three weeks. back to maxxis for me.

warpcow
    Free Member

As above. Weight savings are marginal, but performance is where you make the gains.

br
    Free Member

Yes, but you’ve put twice as much latex in as you needed to achieve a greater puncture resistance than the lightweight tubes you previously run.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

True.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless weight savings…’ is closed to new replies.