• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Aus.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tubeless valve problem…help pls!
  • Aus
    Free Member

Been running tubeless happily for a while, ZTR rims. But the valve is leaking around the locknut on the rim. Have tried another tubeless valve, and tried ghetto valve but am guessing the rim hole has slightly enlarged??? Just can’t seem to seal it (and have 2 sets of rims, running tubeless for a few years so hopefully have got the hang of it!).

Would a rim strip valve solve this, or any other solutions?

Thanks

Frankers
    Free Member

Are you using the yellow tape??

Aus
    Free Member

Yep, yellow tape. It’s def leaking around valve hole

frogstomp

Could try some plumbers tape around the base of the valve?

Frankers
    Free Member

Have you left the flaps of tape or did you file them out?

Around the valve hole

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I had a similar problem and solved it with a small square of insulation tape over the valve hole then pushed the valve through to get a better seal but ptfe plumbers tape would also do the trick.

Frankers
    Free Member

I had this before when I just cross slit the tape at the valve hole, I filed the flaps away with a round file as recommended by Stans and never had the problem again.

shredder
    Free Member

Had the same purchased some tiny rubber O rings from B&Q. Push O ring down valve, put on and tighten down lock ring. Worked a treat created a rubber gasket.

Aus
    Free Member

thanks all. The yellow tape is clear of ‘flaps’ – I’m assuming that’s correct rather than leaving flaps for the valve to push through?

Will try plumbers tape and hunt a ‘gasket’ and see. Much appreciated.

Guess a rim strip valve would do the job as well?

Aus
    Free Member

fwiw, couldn’t get any joy with home-made or No Tubes valve. Tried a DT Swiss tubeless valve and perfect. They seem a snugger fit so all good

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless valve problem…help pls!’ is closed to new replies.