Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tubeless tyre repair?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I have repaired my tubeless tyres in the past with tread tears/slices with the Weldtite external kit and had worked well but this time I have a side wall abrasion letting air out – it hasn’t sliced through the webbing really – Anyone used the Weltite inside kit – presumably come with textile reinforced patches?

Cheers 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Anyone?

rickon
    Free Member

Hi Rich,

I’ve used the internal patches from weldtite recently, and in the past. They work really well, make sure to let the glue dry and go tacky before applying the patch though.

Cheers

Ricks

wwaswas

and get any old sealant off the inside where you’ll be sticking the patch, too.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Excellent – many thanks Rickon and WW – Ordered the kit – pretty good for £1.99 🙂 The external kit works well 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well don’t get the newer version of the Weltite internal kit – 6 small patches and 1 tube of useless super glue! I ended us using Vucanising solution, wheel milk and one of the patches in the end – Superglue is a stupid idea – it doesn’t like water for a start!

MarkN
    Free Member

Vulcanising solution and bits of old tube have worked well for me. Just get the tube clean, meths works well.

br
    Free Member

Superglue is a stupid idea – it doesn’t like water for a start!

Never had a problem.

If I get a big hole I use a normal patch on the inside and then add Superglue on the outside once at home.

Northwind

I use standard patches- tend to buy the sheets from halfords then cut to size.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers guys – The super glue didn’t stick to the tyre much (yes I did clean it really well) and then gave way when I inflated.

b r – The instructions say put the super glue between the tyre and patch – It really didn’t work as the super glue went brittle and then cracked and teh patch really did not want to stick – normal puncture repair worked better IME. But Thanks for the tip – I’ll put a bit on the outside 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tyre repair?’ is closed to new replies.