Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tubeless tyre leakage
  • jimmy

I bought some tubeless Maxxis tyres recently and have fitted them. The rear one is going down slowly over a ride which o put down to shoddy tubelessing on my part. But on closer inspection the fluid is actually coming out through the tyre walls in tiny bubbles. It seems clearly faulty bit has anyone else had this? I’m not missing anything am I…

EDIT: picture showing the leakage.

http://1drv.ms/1LChji5

jekkyl

Stick more fluid in, pump it up and go for another ride, check it again tomorrow. Some tyres are like that the first time you fit them.

wwaswas

Wor jekkyl said.

jimmy

It has been fitted and ridden for a couple weeks now. Umm, only one ride actually.

dovebiker

Put more sealant in the tyre, do the ‘shake’, inflate the tyre and rest in a bucket and try again.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Not all tubeless tyres are created equally nor are all sealants…..on TR tyres use only stans or similar or SlimePro sealant as they have more rubber/latex in them. Don’t use things such as the thin blue Fenwicks tubeless or Bontrager juice type stuff as there is insufficient rubber content……. I know from experience and contacting the likes of Fenwicks to have a moan about its failure to seal tubeless ready tyres…….they were designed to only be used on full on tubeless tyres.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I always put 3 scoops of stans sealant in a new Maxxis tyre due to the sidewalls being a bit porous. After a couple weeks of slowly losing air they’re usually ok.

kerley
    Free Member

Continentals can do it for weeks whereas the Geax I am currently using go straight up and stay up from first install.

yossarian
    Free Member

As above, a bit more sealant and a few more rides should see you right!

phiiiiil

The last few tyres I’ve had have all died by getting more and more porous as they get old; the sidewalls end up with damp looking patches on them where the air and sealant is slowly leaking out, and no amount of extra sealant will help. New tyres shouldn’t do that, though; I’d put a bit more in and give it another try…

krixmeister

As above again, but with caveat – some tires do that, some don’t, sometimes there’s no rhyme or reason to it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bit more sealant and pump up again, once the sealant covers the inside of the tyre all is good.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Did you clean all the mould release agent off the inside of the tire

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tyre leakage’ is closed to new replies.