Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • tubeless set up help , please!
  • kayakboy
    Free Member

hello, putting TR HR2 on stans flow, rim set up approp. seals fine and no leaks for 48 hrs (not ridden yet). went up easily with track pump. doesn’t seem seated quite right despite no leak and looks symmetrical when looking at side wall but spinning wheel (which is def true) seems to be sl lateral wobble in the shoulder of the tyre. dunno if this will be noticeable riding but going away for w/e so ideally didn’t want to find out the hard way?? any thought tubeless diagnosticians??
    cheers in advance paul

bikeneil
    Free Member

Had this with an Ardent. Apparently there is/was a bad batch. Swapped them for some Schwalbes at my lbs and all’s been good since.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Pump em up pretty hard until it ‘POPs’ onto the rim, the bead of the tyre has to seat into the rim, and needs a fair bit of pressure. Remember to let the tyre down to your intended pressure or you’ll be woken up in the night by a big bang. Not happened to me, ever…

danielgroves
    Free Member

Remember to let the tyre down to your intended pressure or you’ll be woken up in the night by a big bang. Not happened to me, ever…

Followed by a lot of complaints when you’re a student. Particularly as I was the only person in my house to sleep through this, and it was at the foot of my bed 😳

TrevorB

Don’t go higher than 40 psi unless you want to be deafened and covered in jizz 😳

NZCol

Go and ride it a bit then see if it properly beads

kayakboy
    Free Member

cheers guys!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘tubeless set up help , please!’ is closed to new replies.