Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tubeless schrader valves
  • neilforrow

Need a bit of help as my google-fu is lacking.

I have a set of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/no-flats-tubeless-schrader-valve-kit/rp-prod94761

and they are fantastic. Note the conical base, not the metal one with the O-ring.

I like these as they let more air in to seat and you can use a proper pressure gauge. Hotlines dont have stock and I cant find anything simular.

Any suggestions?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Stans do a tubeless Schraedar valve .

kayak23

OP, there are some on ebay but I think they may be the metal base/o-ring type I’m afraid.

neilforrow

Ramsey – i presume you meant no flats / no tubes – stans. They have these hugo jobs on crc by they are only 35mm long. No good for the DT Swiss 471 rims I’m running.

Kayak, yep – spotted those, but metal base. I got a set already and they don’t seal well round the rim. Nearly there, but not quite as they say!

wiggles
    Free Member

They wouldn’t fit in a 471 rim? It’s drilled for presta

neilforrow

wiggles – not that they wouldn’t fit in the hole, they are only 35mm long. Not enough pokes through. You can only just get the nut on there, let alone a pump head.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Why not just cut some from a few old inner tubes? I’ve done that a few times with Presta ones and it’s worked fine

neilforrow

dangeourbrain – not a bad idea that. How did you hold them in place, most dont have the thread all the way into the rim for a locking nut.

prawny

I think all the schrader ones I’ve had have been threaded all the way down. Shouldn’t be too hard to find some.

neilforrow

Ideal, I’m figuring I could go one step further and run those as a form of strip too. Cut the tube open. Humm.

sambob
    Free Member

Heard of that done many times using BMX tubes, presumably to make the fit is tight enough.

takisawa2

I cut mine from old tubes & taped over them. Then bridged a hole through.
    Been in there 18 months & working fine.

But ghetto tubeless from BMX tubes is the way to go. Virtually sealed as soon as the tyre is back on.

Pridds

Got a set of those exact valves from a project that didn’t work. Can sell them for £5 posted if your interested

nick1962
    Free Member

These work well and work out really good value imho,rimstrips,tape and goo.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/no-flats-joe-s-eco-tubeless-system-all-mountain/rp-prod74009

neilforrow

Pridds, thanks and YGM.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless schrader valves’ is closed to new replies.