Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tubeless road tyres recommendations?
  • solar
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Pacenti SL23 rims that I’m currently commuting on with Michelin Pro 4 SC tyres. The pro4’s are starting to fall apart (splitting on the sidewalls) and I’m getting punctures more frequently so I’m going to transition to tubeless, which was the plan all along. I was pretty set on getting Schwalbe One/Pro One, but they seem tricky to get hold of, or really expensive right now. I’m looking for alternative recommendations for a 25mm tyre.

munkster
    Free Member

German sites or Mantel will have the One Pros in at some stage no doubt. I have the Ones and they’re fine. Also have Hutchinson Intensive tubeless on winter bike and pretty happy with those. Supposedly a more robust tyre.

Big BR thread here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13015799

Yak

Mrs Yak has Fusion 3’s on those rims. She rates them and had hasn’t punctured since fitting them over a year ago.

Tightest tyre/rim combo I’ve ever fitted though, although someone here said that newer SL23’s were a tiny bit smaller so the initial set-up ‘experience’ may be improved now.

TiRed

Schwalbe Ones in 25c. Just ridden 75km over some awful Surrey Roads. The rear has been replaced due to a 2cm cut that went right through the tyre and liner. Nothing would have prevented that. No other punctures to report. Running faultlessly on Kysrium Elite wheels (not tubeless, but no spoke holes) with red (swoon) Superstar valves. I have never set up a tubeless system so easily. Didn’t need sealant to seal, went up first time a few pumps of my Topeak, just easy.

Note the latest Scwhalbe Ones are much lighter due to an integrated liner, what that means for real world performance and indeed durability, I have no idea. Grip in the wet is reasonable, but there are better tyres. It is a race tyre after all.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve tried Hutch Atoms, Fusion2 & 3, Intensives, Sectors, Bonty R3s and Schwalbe Ones and the Schwalbes are my favourite for a general tyre. I run 28s on the commuter and 25s on the roadie.

TiRed

The “dcrainmaker” of tyre testing really likes them

http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews/schwalbe-pro-one-tubeless-2016

Slightly less puncture resistance, but much less rolling resistance. And 90g lighter per tyre. I’ll run the current One Tubeless until worn, then switch to One Pros. Still not as fast rolling as latex tubes and a more supple tyre though.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I found Schwalbe Ones here:

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/schwalbe-one-evo-osc-tubeless-25-622-108025

I use them and rate them for comfort, puncture resistance and ease of setup.

dickie
    Free Member

Road CC Article here

Last year I ran two pairs of 25mm Bontrager R3 TLR tyres, weight 260g, two of the four developed large blisters (air under the outer rubber layer along the centre line & had to be chucked.

Just fitted 25mm Schwalbe Pro One tubeless easy (weight 240g) – rear blew on second ride & wouldn’t seal despite 60ml of Stans tubeless liquid inside so had to install a tube. On examination at home, the hole was on the centre line in a 3mm wide groove about 300mm+ long.
    Looks like a manufacturing fault – details sent to Schwalbe & reply awaited. Bought from Mantel for about £70 the pair.

ds3000
    Free Member

Schwalbe Ones in 25 on ultegra tubeless wheels – easy set up, smooth riding, not fl#&s yet. Would recommend to a friend.

scruff
    Free Member

Are you running tubeless tyres on normal rims? The hedge cuttings yesterday makes me want to go tubeless on my commuter, Shimano clincher rims and some new tyres. I’d never use tubes again on my mtb but no sure how Road rims would work with the higher pressure.

TiRed

My Ksyrium rims are standard, not tubeless specific. I figured tubeless tyres on non-tubeless rims would be fine. The mtb is the reverse, set up for cross. Was a lot harder to seal.

Haze

Will be giving the One Pro a try out next, currently on Fusion 3 which have been fine so far. Also on Pacenti but I bought 23c, will definitely go up to 25 in future.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Been running Schwalbe Pro One tubeless 28 for a few weeks. Nice tyre, rolls well, no puncture so far. Easy to fit, using a non tubeless rim with Stan’s tape double wrap.

scruff
    Free Member

Any other options for 700x32ish lightly treaded tubeless for commuting? Needs to be toughish but want latex inside to stop thorn punctures, had two in ad many weeks. Tried slime tubes and stans in tubes but didn’t ever seal like my mtb tyres do.

crazybaboon

I’ve had to retire my 28 schwable pro ones, too many punctures and cutting up badly
    Lovely tyres but not up to the winter conditions, will save for the better weather
    Now running bontrager 26 r2 tubeless, have a anti puncture belt so hopefully better, tightest tyre I’ve ever put on a rim!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Schwalbe has some bigger-than-28mm tubeless tyres for 2016. The S-One and G-One.

Not sure on prices yet though.

See http://www.schwalbe.com/gb/road.html and filter on ‘tubeless’

auldain
    Free Member

TIRed Can you describe the method you used to install your Schwalbe Pro One TL tyres. I’ve tried to fit same tyres to Mavic Ksyrium Pro disc rims and have found it impossible. Did you find a special method?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless road tyres recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.