Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • tubeless repair
  • Sui
    Free Member

Arse, 2 in a weekend. 1 gash to a rear tyre and then a monster thorn found after today’s bible with the missus (first te Btw). What’s the verdict on trail side repair and permanent stuff. I’m quite new to tubeless and having used the joes no flats conversion kit, I’m not in a hurry to repeat the faff of putting a tube in (the tyre seals to the “tube”) and ending up with spunk all over me. Tyres are high roller 2 exo blah blah blahs which I thought would be the bee all of tubeless, but how I get a gash on sand is anyone’s Guess. Ice heard of worm things, and seen a ridiculously priced repair kit, but surely something “normal” is available?

Cheers all.

MartynS

Repairing and reinflating a tubless tyre out and about is tricky. Getting it to reseal can be tricky!

I think most people just put in a tube if you get s flat and repair the tyre at home

For the repair I’ve used proper tubless tyre patches and the anchovies from weldite and they both work well but they are fairly pricey.
    Don’t be tempted to use a normal tube patch on a bigish split on s tyre.. I tried it and it didn’t work!

Sui
    Free Member

Cheers any particular brands?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    torihada
    Free Member

I use this:

tubeless repair kit

Pretty quick once you’re used to it. I’ve plugged hole in various tyres DH minions to XC mud tyres. As long as you’ve got your wheel milk in the tyre and plenty of length on the plug, which is covered in copious amounts of glue you should be fine. They won’t work on a big slash though.

I replenish the sticky plugs a with motorbike variants from eBay. Super sticky & twice as long as the bicycle specie ones.

Dogsby

The Weldtite kit works brilliantly. It will seal a hole very effectively and I have used more than one to fill larger gashes. I keep one of the worms permanently ‘loaded’ on the inserting tool. Thoroughly recommended.

Dogsby

Sui
    Free Member

Many thanks will give weldite a go..

househusband
    Free Member

As per Dogsby; no need to even unseat the tyre – can (normally) be repaired externally. If the Weldtite kit won’t repair, say a larger cut, you’d have to fit a tube anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘tubeless repair’ is closed to new replies.