Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • tubeless removable valve cores
  • sadexpunk

ive found lately that when i want to top up pressure a bit, the core is actually unscrewing rather than the tip. im thinking its the milk thats clogging it up a bit and setting around it.

is there a neat little tip for this? vaseline on the tip threads, that sort of thing?

ta

wwaswas

I use one of the Stans core tools to put them in – seems to make a big difference and I do change them every so often as they get gummed up internally and it makes it difficult to get air in the tyre.

foxyrider
    Free Member

just tighten them up with an adjustable spanner or if you are carefull gently with mole grips 🙂 – Otherwise take the cores out , clean them internally then pop them back in 🙂

muggomagic

I had this problem with Continental tubes before I'd started putting sealant in, unscrewed the nut just to top up the air and the core shot out! It did give me the idea to start adding sealant though.
    I now give them a tweak with a small adjustable when fitting a new tube/filling with sealant.

TooTall
    Free Member

Don't you align your valves to the optimum position when storing? Kids today – I dunno.

Seriously – I guess that if they were at the bottom of the wheel when left it wouldn't happen – or nip up the core a bit tighter when you put it back in.

sadexpunk

i use a little trick from this forum for tightening the cores, to save buying the stans tool. couple of links of chain (cant remember what size) and the widest part of link is a perfect fit over the flats. that tightens it up ok, the prob seems to be the little top nut sticking, so just wondered if people greased it with anything to prevent this.

ta

househusband

i use a little trick …

Nice one, will investigate that – had thought about getting a 4mm miniature spanner specifically but you have just saved me the bother!

sadexpunk

yup, dont know if its 9sp or 8sp, but perfect with about 3 links, so you can use the others as leverage 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Nice idea for core tool, sadex, I have had the same problem but now keep the core in place with pliers while I undo lock nut. I presume this means you got your ghetto to work, I did too thanks to your threads.

sadexpunk

yep, ghetto works a treat now. always a bit wary if i have to let tyre down for any reason, that itll go back up ok, but so far no probs. (apart from this little core prob of course :-))

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘tubeless removable valve cores’ is closed to new replies.