Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • "Tubeless ready" tyres – are they cr*p?
  • votchy
    Free Member

Schwalbe TLR Dirty Dans fitted to Stans Flow about a month ago, went up with a track pump no prob, front has held air perfectly ever since fitted, rear is currently running a tube due to a slice in the sidewall after about 3 rides

Northwind

It took my nevegal about 2 days of shaking and laying on each side before it would hold air,

Confirming my thoughts against TR…

There’s no such thing as a tubeless ready Nevegal, this was about a standard tyre.

chiefP
    Free Member

Schwalbe Tubeless Ready Nobby Nic and Fat Albert on a DT Swiss Tricon XM 1500 Wheels, easy to fit,went up easy and easy to take off.

SIMPLES.

njee20
    Free Member

My On One Dirty Dans are pukka Pacestar TLR ones. I’m not even sure the DD came in a 2.0″ previously.

Older tyres had a grey bead, these are black, and noticeably stiffer than non-TLR Schwalbes. Whilst I agree much of their cheap tyre stock is a little suspect these really do appear to be the real McCoy.

JohnnyPanic

Spesh Storm Control 2Bliss are great, even with track pump.

My experience too.
    Spesh Storm & Purgatory 2Bliss on DT5.1 with the rimstrip fitted. Started with the tyre beads in the middle of the rimstrip, pumped up slowly with a track pump and they both just went up & sealed.

MadPierre

I finally checked and mine have all the right writing on the sidewalls.

(in the shed) The rear seems to be staying up and the front going down currently….

MadPierre

Done another ride on them and now they both seem to be staying up!

???

njee20
    Free Member

Why is that ???, they’ve sealed.

MadPierre

The ??? is because the front one stayed up for weeks then decided to “unseal” and now has sealed again – all without my intervention!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Only times I’ve ever had a problem with TR or UST tyres is when there is a dent or gunk in the rim stopping from sealing properly.

Recently had this problem on a Stans 355 with a Dirty Dan tyre. Checked the rim and there was a small dent. Pulled that out and they went up and stayed up fine.

Dirty Dan is a great tyre too, really surprised by how grippy it is (being “only” 2.0″) and manages to not be really slow.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘"Tubeless ready" tyres – are they cr*p?’ is closed to new replies.