Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tubeless problems – lost the bead crack sound
  • pedlad

Any bright ideas with this?

I’ve been using tubeless with a variety of tyres without problems for a few years, but just changing my tyres recently (back from skinny mayhem ones) and I can’t get either of them to “crack” onto the rim as normal.

Even with a compressor (used until the tyre starts to resemble a balloon) it’s going up but not cracking onto the rim as usual. As soon as the air leaks out the tyre comes away from he rim back to well. Tried it with and without stans and also tried brushing some soapy water on to lubricate.

Has the tyre bead gone baggy? (spez 2bliss)

pedlad

One cheeky bump for the evening perusers

rickmeister

Tubeless or Tubeless ready … ? I know the should all be the same size etc etc, but some Tubeless ready were obviously not. Full tL were great on a Mavic rim, the TL ready were a poor fit and wouldnt hold air…

Did you overstretch the bead getting them off… ?

pedlad

don’t think so they came off quite easily. Bit harder to get on though. Could it be build up of stans gunk in the rim profile? I’ll have a look later, just seems strange as never had an issue with these rims and these tyres before.

supertacky
    Free Member

Lube rim and bead. Stick tube in. Seat tyre with tube. Deflate tyre remove tube without unseating one bead. Mount again and inflate with compressor.
    All should be good.

I’ve had similar problems with used tyres.

pedlad

ok thanks will try that – lube with what? Silicon spray maybe?

supertacky
    Free Member

I use fairy liquid. Works every time for me an washes off easy.

BTW how did it go?

tpbiker
    Free Member

I had exactly the same issue. Inflated it about 10 times with lots of soapy water and it kept on deflating as soon as I removed the pump.

In the end I tried it with a different tyre, same issue. So I redid the yellow tape and it worked first time.

ie…Might be worth trying a different tyre to rule out a problem with the wheel?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless problems – lost the bead crack sound’ is closed to new replies.