Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • tubeless patch quick question
  • garage-dweller

I have a nic in the sidewall of my nobby nic. Its sliced about half through the carcass thickness and about 4mm long so when inflated it bulges a spot. Was planning to pop a regular tube patch inside the tyre to stop the bulge. Good idea/crap idea?
    Thanks

Scapegoat

I’d be tempted to use a piece of vulcanized rubber cut from an old inner tube, sand the area around the inside properly to remove all traces of sealant and chemicals, then use proper tyre cement to glue it in place, making sure no corners can lift. Weight it down while it dries with anything really heavy to hand.

ceepers

I just successfully repaired a 3mm slit in my trail king sidewall with a tube patch on the inside. Mine wasn’t bulging just leaking air and too big for the sealant alone to hold. It’s worked great so far!

garage-dweller

thanks both. Will give it a go during the week and see whether its up to the job if not its the old inner tube / time to order some proper tubeless patches. I think for tonights group ride the old fire xc can stay on with a tube for the sake of others convenience.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I used regular puncture repair patches to repair a few holes from rocks in my Hans Dampf a few weeks ago.

I used the cheap patches that are black on one side and red on the other opposed to the ones which look like fried eggs.

Went about it exactly the same way you’d do a tube, putting the patch on the inside of the tyre obviously. Repair has worked well!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘tubeless patch quick question’ is closed to new replies.