Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tubeless on wire bead tyres?
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Just wondering if people have had much success with tubeless on wire bead tyres?
    Got some Scwalbe Super Swans that came stock on a Giant cross bike and am thinking about trying them on a set of Crests.
    Good idea?
    Thanx,
    Max

bikeneil
    Free Member

Good idea?

No. Do it properly.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I ran some wire beed wtb exiwolfs on crossmax tubeless rims for ages with sealer in them and had no problems.
    Try it.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Got some folders.
    But they are Ralph’s.
    Want something for the mud and thought I would give what I had lying around a try.

Northwind

I’ve done it often, mostly with dualplies though. Wire bead can be a sign of lower quality/cheaper models in other tyres but that’d be my only concern

Simon

I’ve successfully tubelessed a few Maxxis wire bead single ply tyres, never used a Schwalbe tyre.

kiwijohn

I’m running wire bead Smart Sams tubeless on my CX bike. Went up easily with a track pump on Stans Alpha 400s after removing the valve core

breadcrumb

The Ardents that came on my Unit are wire bead, converted to tubeless with no issues.

warpcow
    Free Member

As above, done it with a few Maxxises(?) without issue, but no Schwalbe.

peepingtom
    Free Member

Got Schwalbe Blackjack’s on atm , cheap as chips and seated easy and holding air good .
    I’d never buy expensive tubeless ready .

passtherizla
    Free Member

Wire or folding makes no odds…. Must have tried 5 different types of rim and probably 20 different tyre combos and only had an issue with a mavic crossride but that was an awful set of wheels anyway. I doubt I’d have any trouble getting them to go up now though.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

My default tubeless tyre is wire beaded but not really comparable to your specific example. Dual ply minnions have always served me well when used tubeless on Flows.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Thanks guys,
    Will give them a try.
    Max

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless on wire bead tyres?’ is closed to new replies.