Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tubeless on Dually Rims
  • myopic
    Free Member

Got 29″ Dually’s which came with valves and tape already fitted. Both wheels went up and after the usual sealing settling down with Stan’s got a good seal and no leaks round the rim at the bead. Relatively painless to this point. One of the wheels is fine, but the other keeps going down over the period of a few days. I’ve tracked the problem to a leak at a spoke. It just wouldn’t seal so I took the tyre off. The problem is that the weld in the rim is, I think, lifting the tape enough for air to track through and out through a spoke hole. There’s quite a build up of Stan’s under it. So options:

1: stick it back on and hope it eventually seals
    2: put a strip of electrical tape round the inside lip of the rim on top of what’s there
    3: strip off everything that’s there, sand the weld to get the tape to lie a bit neater and put new tape on – but what to use on this rim?

What do you think??

sillyoldman

Stick a tube in and inflate to 40psi and leave overnight to get tape to deform and stick to/seal rim well. Take tube out and try again?

myopic
    Free Member

Doh! Never thought of that….. Will give it a whirl and report back later in week

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless on Dually Rims’ is closed to new replies.