Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tubeless latex
  • Laggingbehind
    Free Member

I’m in need of getting some more latex. I’ve only ever used Stans before but I’ve also heard good things about Orange sealant. Just looked on there website & it says it needs topping up every 45 days….anybody got some real world experience of using Orange. 45 days doesnt seem long

oldnpastit

I’ve been using this stuff:

http://www.justridingalong.com/accessories/tubeless-sealants/wheel-milk.html

Seems to last for ages.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Stick with Stans, I’ve never had any issues with it at all, generally change / top up once a year.

PrinceJohn

I’ve heard good things about the orange stuff. It comes with a dip stick so that you can check the levels.
    Looks like it seals better than anything else too

madhouse

I use the Doc Blue stuff, says Schwalbe on the front but IIRC it’s made by Stans. £15 for 500ml which is good for about 8 tyres, also comes with a handy little bottle which doubles up as a measuring device and method of getting the stuff into your tyre.
    Works perfectly, I never remember to top it up but it gets refreshed whenever I swap from summer to winter tyres and vice versa.

The Bontrager stuff I used was terrible.

BillOddie

I’ve used Stans, Joes, and Caffe Latex, all have been fine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve used a few, Stans just seems to work better.

Although the cheap stuff I got from Planet-X seemed to work well in my Fatty. Only bought it as I baulked at the cost of the amount of Stans in a fat tyre!

Laggingbehind
    Free Member

Thanks gents

munkster
    Free Member

1 litre of Hutchinson stuff from Decathlon for £17.99 IIRC. They deliver free to your nearest Asda…

augustuswindsock

avoid juice lubes sealant, I used stan’s for years with not a single puncture, bought Juice lube’s got 3 in as many weeks, back to Stan’s, no more puncture’s!!

iamtheresurrection

Never tried the Hutchinsons but I have everything else. I found JRA, Bonty Super Juice sealed absolutely nothing, whereas Stans has never let me down once. I had pictures with Caffe Latex too, although that’s the only one which doesn’t eat aluminium rims (supposedly).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless latex’ is closed to new replies.