Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tubeless kit for wide & deep rims
  • Limy
    Free Member

Ive just purchased a couple of DH rims from Light Bicycles and thinking of going tubeless on them. They are 38mm wide and 32mm deep.

Looking at the tubeless kits available i can find Stans DH kits to fit the width of the rims but they come with short Schrader valves. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

sam_underhill

Enve sell gorilla tape cut to a specific width for their rims. If it’s good enough for them then it’ll be good enough for Light Bicycle. So when I got my LB rims I just used a big wide roll of gorilla tape from Homebase. Nick the tape at just under the total external width of the rim and then it will tear at that width all the way round.

Assuming your rims are hookless then it doesn’t matter about the tape going up the side walls a little.

Then just get a valve that is long enough.

Gotama
    Free Member

Gorilla tape. Used stans kits on my flows originally but gorilla taped everything else and its been faultless. Or I think industry 9 do a slightly wider tape than stans, or at least I think that’s what Justridingalong put on my Dually when they built it.

Edit: too slow

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I have some of the combined valve:rubber rimstrip (stans or noTubes? I forget the brand) for sale. I used them in mavic 729 rims.
    They have a schreader valve with the outside threaded so it can be secured and not punched back into the tyre when inflating. You can screw a valve extender in the end of the valve too – provided you can get the top of the valve at least two turns beyond the rim.

I can measure the valve length when I get home of you are interested in them. (Email in profile).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless kit for wide & deep rims’ is closed to new replies.