Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • tubeless help please chunky monkey front & Smorg rear
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting a full Stans kit from the Lbs ( £60 ). Thing is my tyres are quite floppy on the rims and I only have a track-pump. Will it work or do I need Co2….

Any tips?

carlos
    Free Member

Stans flowEX rim, SS tape, valve and a chunky monkey filled with Stans no tube solution went up Ok with just a cheapo Blackburn track Pump.

Put a tube in first and inflate to get the bead seated and tape nicely pressed home, deflate, remove tube breaking only one bead seal, insert valve, sealant, pop tyre back on and inflate. Slosh about a bit. Sorted

frogstomp

As above.. plus a bit of washing-up liquid on the bead to help too..

davewalsh
    Free Member

And the rims are ?

chillidave
    Free Member

Chunky Monkey was so easy to get up tubeless on my roval rims. Do it properly with washing up liquid though but a track pump does the job fine.

tymbian
    Free Member

Rims are Alex supra 20.

Do I leave the original rim-tape on?

Cheezpleez

No, take the original tape off. Watch the vids on the Stans site

tymbian
    Free Member

Have decided to try it ghetto style first…anything I should know? I take it I leave the original tape on now.?

creamegg
    Free Member

if track pump dosen’t work try the ghetto tubeless inflator. works amazingly well!

tymbian
    Free Member

Is that the coke bottle forced air thingymajig?

creamegg
    Free Member

Yes, theres a thread on here about it

tymbian
    Free Member

Thanks for all the tips peeps. Don’t know what I was worried about…they went up a doddle.

Anyone reading this thread for the same reason, the only thing I’d add is to take your time cutting the tube down the middle if there’s no seam to follow.

Cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘tubeless help please chunky monkey front & Smorg rear’ is closed to new replies.