Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tubeless help
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi all
    Ok, I bought a pair of Easton Haven wheels and have some Maxxis minion tyres and some Stans sealant. Apparently the wheels are tubeless ready.
    I went to fit the tyresw on last night and they are quite loose, not the usual struggle to fit on.
    Needless to say, any attempt to put any air in just escapes!
    Am I missing something? I feel the tyres should be a lot tighter fit, they are quite baggy

welshfarmer

Folding or wire bead tyres? Wire beads are pigs to seal, even with a compressor and the valve core removed. Sometimes helps to inflate them first with a tube. Then when you remove the tube and replace valve you try not to disturrb the one side that is already seated. That is half the job done. And don’t add sealant until after you have seated the beads

marco
    Free Member

Wire beads. Yeah could try that!
    Might just put tubes in and have done!
    Cheers

covbuggy
    Free Member

That’s normal for folding bead, usually a pig to fit. I usually put a tube in first get the tyre inflated to 40psi ish to get the beads sitting nice an true leave them for a hour or so, then deflate and only take the bead out on fine side to remove tube and replace with value. With the value core removed the track pump should inflate it till both beads are nicely seated. I than deflate and use a syringe to out the sealant in though the value. Re inflate and job done…

marco
    Free Member

Excellent cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless help’ is closed to new replies.