Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tubeless disc road wheels
  • bluebird
    Free Member

Has anyone got a set of American Classic Argent Disc Tubeless wheels. I’m looking for a new pair for my commute/crappy weather bike and these look a pretty good blend of weight/price.

Any other options out there that aren’t very expensive or very heavy? They need to be bolt though axles and tubeless, 28mm at most, but probably 25mm tyres.

Thanks

househusband

I’ve just googled them and they’re several hundred pounds… you want them for your commute/crappy weather bike..? I’m confused.

But there are cheaper road disc bolt-through tubeless wheelsets out there, perhaps marginally heavier.

sebgt
    Free Member

Kinesis Crosslight V4, 250quid on wiggle + some effetto tubeless tape, some valves and you’re away

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Ive got some Hunt 4 seasons, with 28mm tubeless schwalbe ones for sale, done about 1500km

320 quid

househusband

http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/road-bike-wheels/dt-swiss-r24-spline-disc-brake-wheels

£230 And includes valves, tape and every adapter you’ll ever need. You may be able to find an online discount code for Tweeks.

I’ve got two sets of these and they’ve proven to be very reliable on-road and some ‘gravel’ type off-road.

bluebird
    Free Member

I’m confused.

I suppose expensive is relative. I can live with mid hundreds. I ride the bike all year round for commuting and training in bad weather. I want a nice set of wheels, I already have some OK wheels but want to upgrade.

ferriswheeler
    Free Member

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ve got a nice set of tubeless disc wheels for sale if you’re interested? A bit cheaper than the American Classics as well.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-hunt-30carbon-aero-disc-wheels

the00
    Free Member

Interested where you’ve seen the AC Argents at ‘a few a hundred’, I’ve not found them for less than £750.

Look like nice lightweight wheels though.

bluebird
    Free Member

To be fair, I said ‘mid’ not ‘few’ 😉

£676.19 after quidco, so the top end of mid..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless disc road wheels’ is closed to new replies.