Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • tubeless cx tyres
  • porter_jamie

lots of companies make them, but no-one appears to sell them, that i can find. i fancy some hutchinson black mamba 34c ones to fit my new shiny stans alpha rims.

http://www.hutchinsontires.com/en/cyclo-cross/64-black-mamba-cx.html

or something similar. anyone got any ideas? i’m after something nice and light and fast rolling for dry conditions and riding on the road to and from the bridleways etc.

powerofra

Schwalbe racing Ralph and rocket Ron are the best I’ve tried. Were cheap from on one and the big German on line sites.

I gave up in the end with tubeless CX as the max 40 psi you can use tubeless with those Rims wasn’t enough to prevent pinch puncturing the tyre. Maybe the newest tyres are tougher?

Good luck!

crispycross
    Free Member

How well do tubeless tyres hold up at low pressures? Do they tend to roll or burp at, say, 20 psi or so?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I ran a Vittoria XG TNT rear tyre with limited success with a stans rim strip on a shimano wheel. Had to run it quite high to resist it burping but had a big pinch flat a few weeks ago – no sign of damage to the tyre but I couldn’t reflate it with a track pump, presumably because the bead had stretched as it went up with a track pump when new.

clubber
    Free Member

Stans Raven cx 35mm tyres on Arch Ex rims on mine at up to 60psi. They’ve been faultless.

Maltloaf

I have a pair of Vittoria XG TNT on a crest rims. They have been great. The tyres were difficult to source but I found on a Italian bike website.

plus-one

I’ve bought pair of these to try

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wtb-crosswolf-tcs-tyre-2014/rp-prod107288?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gclid=CO_395K2hL4CFUP3wgodsC8Aeg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I’d get in early come august onwards you can’t buy tubeless cx tyres for love nor money 🙂

I run my cx tubeless 25-30psi no burping or issues..

Used hutchinson bulldog’s and also the vittoria tnt that are ok but wear fast 🙁

john_l
    Free Member

Used the Vittorias too. No issues on either Open Pros or Stan’s 400 rims. Sidewalks are nice & stiff & able to run low 20s racing, higher for bouncing off roots ‘ stuff.

Currently using Kenda Slant/Happy Medium combo on the 400 rims, tubeless. Sealed fine & no issues with burping. Running slightly higher pressures though.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I tried using the Clement tubeless ready tyres last cross season and had lots of problems with burping (in one race the rear tyre exploded spectacularly off the rim). I’ve been informed by an industry insider that there are only a few cx tyres that actually work as tubeless at low pressures and one of them is WTB crosswolf which I have just purchased and am going to give a whirl.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘tubeless cx tyres’ is closed to new replies.