• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tubeless CX tyre recommendations
  • benman
    Free Member

Currently running Kenda SB8 on Stans rims, but the sidewalls are proving to be a bit fragile.

Can anyone recommend any other CX tyres which work well tubeless? (Stans rims preferably)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Good question. I’d also be interested in the answer.

benman
    Free Member

As a starter for 10 I can confirm that Schwalbe CX Pro’s are a struggle… too baggy to inflate.

Maltloaf

This might make for interesting reading

linky

v12jat
    Free Member

I’ve been running basic wire bead cx pro’s on mavic aksium rims for about 6 months issue/burp free! Run em at 35 psi, they are a good tyre I think!

Used a compressor to inflate them initially onto the rim!

benman
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to get the folding CX pro’s up with a track pump. Might give a ghetto-compressor a go tomorrow.

john_l
    Free Member

Vittoria XG TNT tubeless. If you can find them. Go up with a track pump on my Open Pros

kirk92
    Free Member

I’ve been running Vittoria XG pros on DT rr585 rims for a couple of seasons including last years three peaks. Been really reliable using specialized rim tape and a little stans sealant.

benman
    Free Member

Just as a follow up…

Cheers for the tyre recommendations above.

I managed to get my Schwalbe CX Pro’s up using a ghetto coke-bottle inflator, so all is good 🙂

pixelmix
    Free Member

I previously ran Maxxis Raze folding and now Schwalbe Racing Ralph on Crest 29er rims with a dab of sealant. No real issue with either – relatively easy to inflate with a track pump. Only had flats when the sealant had been in for a good while and was either used or too dry (that was on the Raze which was very worn by that stage).

Will stick another RR on for next cross season (current one is a bit bald from tarmac commuting)

clubber
    Free Member

I had some fun with CX tubeless a while back using stans rim strips. I do run fairly high pressure though (it was about 70psi)

I also found SB8s too fragile/porous.

I found Bonty ACX worked well until I had a couple of blow outs which damaged the sidewalls enough to make them not seal so well.

I bit the bullet and have stans 29er rims (Arch EX which are overkill, no doubt) with stans crow tyres. They’be been faultless. No flats, no leaks, no blowouts.

Houns

I have some conti cx’s. they are pretty useless

D0NK

I have some conti cx’s. they are pretty useless

useless at tubeless or useless all round?

a vittoria XG went up on my alex rims ok but it took yellow tape, couple of wraps of ducktape, rim tape and finally a rim strip. And then i shredded it on a rock a few weeks later. Kind of given up on tubeless til high pressure TR tyres come out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless CX tyre recommendations’ is closed to new replies.