Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tubeless CX tyre options
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

I know its been done before but things change.
    What are people successfully using as tubeless CX tyres?
    Would like to ghetto them on non tubeless rims which did take a Schwalbe tubeless road tyre so happy that the rims would cope. There is limited choice in tubeless, that I have found, and they are not cheap. This is for the 2nd set of wheels so cheapish is best. Any non tubeless tyres working well?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

are they for actual CX or just gravel/rough/hipster duties?

mattsccm
    Free Member

CX. I am a grumpy old sod. Anything not racing for under an hour round a school playing field isn’t CX, its rough stuff.

chrishc777
    Free Member

My Maxxis Mud Wrestlers are doing well tubeless, very grippy as well

orangeboy
    Free Member

Spesh now make some cx tyres that are tubless , I was useing the old ones tubless anyway and they worked ok. But the newer ones are less prone to punctures

simondbarnes

Spesh Terra Pros working really well tubeless for me on Crest rims.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Any joy with non tubeless specific tyres run tubeless. My Schwalbes CX pros won’t blow up.

eddie11
    Free Member

in that case it should only be tubs. proper cross and hipster

but if you insist on appropriating a successful mountain bike technology clement have very nearly redone their whole line in tubeless. their pdx tread is a great mud tread that actually works well for most things.

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m a huge Clement fanboi, got both PDX and MXP in their tubeless versions. Go up crazy easy on stans rims, so I guess will work well ghetto too. Not cheap though.

I know people who’ve got the non tubeless up ok with a bit of liberal sealant application and a few days of topping up air pressure

kirk92
    Free Member

I am currently running clement pdx non tubeless version without tubes although on ‘proper’ tubeless wheels. Ran a complete ‘ghetto’ set up for a couple of years using Vitoria xg tyres with valves cut out of old inner tubes on taped dt Swiss rims which were great and often available fairly cheap

nemesis
    Free Member

Conti cx 35mm going well for me though they’re on tubeless rims – stans arch ex

qwerty
    Free Member

WTB Cross Boss here, went up easy, not a dedicated mud tyre though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless CX tyre options’ is closed to new replies.