Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tubeless accumulator
  • chives
    Free Member

Evening all. I’ve put together an accumulator to make seating tubeless tyres easier (that’s the hope anyway). It’s a modified fire extinguisher and the long and short of it is a 1/4″ BSP ball valve into which I now need to attach a suitable hose tail & pipe / valve adapter to complete the ensemble.

Short of buying a cheap track pump (I reckon the hose will be pretty small bore, so not perhaps desirable?) is there anything else I should look at? Cheers in advance.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Pressure gauge?

chives
    Free Member

Sorry Dibbs – I think I wasn’t clear enough; I have the accumulator sorted (old extinguisher with the handle valve blanked off, t-piece threaded into old nozzle port, with a threaded shrader valve for filling the thing and a ball valve to unleash the contents. Also replaced the old extinguisher gauge for a 0-200 psi gauge.

So I just need to join the accumulator to the presta valve in the rim. Perhaps I should have titled it ‘What pipe for tubeless accumulator’. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TuckerUK
    Free Member

You can buy spare footpump hoses with the adapter on the end. I think I bought mine off Ebay. You then just need a ‘hose tail’ fitting to your reservoir to slip the hose onto. For presta you’ll also need a schrader/presta adapter.

mrelectric

The Schrader/presta adapter is often the weak link as the fit is poor and leakey. Longer barrel wld help. I’ve bodged the threads with PTFE tape before but there must be a better design than the std ones.

chives
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I think I might try a plastic pipe that’s a good fit on a presta outer diameter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless accumulator’ is closed to new replies.