Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tube tickets…cheaper in advance?
  • smogmonster

Were off to London for a few days next week..is it cheaper to buy a 7 day travelcard in advance or does the price stay the same if bought once we get there?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/14808.aspx

😉

No idea about travelcards, I’m afraid. Walk or ride, though. Best way to see the city!

IainAhh
    Free Member
    smogmonster

CFH, im with the wife and kids, cycling not an option for the places we want to go.
    Do Oyster cards work out cheaper? The TFL site really doesnt make it at all clear. Its gonna cost £87 for 2 adult and 1 child 7 day travelcard for zones 1-3 (staying in Wimbledon). We are there for 3 days. Would Oyster prove cheaper than this?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah, OK! Sorry for my (otherwise excellent!) suggestion, then!

Cougar

There is such a thing as a family Oyster card, might be more cost-effective? (Covers two adults and two kids IIRC)

cynic-al
    Free Member

sint’ Oyster guaranteed to be cheaper than travel cards etc?

geoffj

How is the child – children under 10 travel free with an adult? Why are you buying 7 day travel cards if you are only there 3 days?

geoffj

sint’ Oyster guaranteed to be cheaper than travel cards etc?

As cheap as the cheapest travel card / ticket combo, just more convenient – once you have one

smogmonster

Geoff..a 7 day travelcard is cheaper than buying single day travelcards for 3 days. My son is 13 and my daughter is 4, so she travels free.

geoffj

Cheaper if you travel off peak
    And cheaper still if you get an 11-15 photocard, although that’ll cost you a tenner.

mav12
    Free Member

I used an visitor oyster card recentley can top it up as you go yhink the max daily chargw is £7 odd
    You can get a refund on what you dont use

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tube tickets…cheaper in advance?’ is closed to new replies.