Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tube Strikes – how bad is it really?
  • 40mpg

I’ve got to get from Waterloo to Kings Cross (or at least Euston) tomorrow morning. Should I prepare for a taxi scramble / 2.6 mile walk or will I be OK on the Northern Line?

If the NL is running a limited service as advertised (every 5 mins), is it worth the queue in the tunnel to get to the platform before the crush to get on the train?

Real life experiences from today please.

montarius
    Free Member

Northern line was running today but expect big queues and at least 30 min delays before you get onto a train. The whole experience will be very unpleasant!

Dont bother with Taxi, the queue at Waterloo was laughable today.

You could get this bus (#59) which is direct between both stations but once you consider the queue to get onto the bus your best off just walking.

konabunny
    Free Member

What time?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jub’s is a bit schetchy W’loo to Stratters, but it’s prob’s not you concern however someone I know has just come in from Heathrow and walked in the door…

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

as this is a cycling based website dare I suggest a Boris bike?

GrahamS

Edit: Not entirely safe for work or children 😳

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UymKurTBdhw[/video]

wwaswas

This map shows walking time between tube stations.

http://t.co/qFUQM1IjSs

I had to get a new passport today and everything felt quieter than I expected. I.had time to kill so walked from Victoria to the v&a and back via lunch on the Kings road.

If it was always like this I’d go to London more often.

40mpg

Need to be there for 9.30.

Looks like a leisurely stroll then.

I so love turning up hot and sweaty to a meeting after a good march, then sitting in the usual goldfish bowl with no ventilation for 2 hours.

Same again Thursday but just over by the Home Office so not so bad.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There’s a strike? Surprisingly, I’ve got one of those “bike” thingies.

Poor Morlocks.

40mpg

On those roads? Do you not read the Mail? 😐

montarius
    Free Member

If you saw the queue for a Boris bike this morning and the carnage on the roads you wouldn’t have suggested that. Lots of people who appeared to have no idea how to ride a bike today.

OP – why dont you walk the #59 bus route and jump on if you spot it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I needed to get from Waterloo to Victoria this morning, although the Jubilee Line was running I skipped it as I thought it would be jammed. Most on the trains seemed to be planning to walk. Most buses start from Waterloo so even if you have to queue once there is a bus you should get on it. I would suggest allowing extra time and do a combination of bus/walk. Taxis will be mobbed / pre-booked already.

pictonroad

Murder on the overland this morning, I thought someone might snap. Take headphones and find your happy place.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I had to be in town today. Expected the worst and gave myself an extra hour this morning. In the end, B’loo train was fine and completely empty (first time I have ever seen this) when it arrived at W’loo. Only inconvenience was on the way home when I had walked to Piccadilly and that was closed. Still nice day to walk to W’loo!

brooess
    Free Member

Go to the Brompton shop
    Get your credit card out
    Leave Brompton shop with a new bike
    Simple 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tube Strikes – how bad is it really?’ is closed to new replies.