• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Tube problems in that Landon Town
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That’ll polish out

honeybadgerx

I think I may well have the perpetrators of said grout coming in to give a CPD talk at work next week. Might make for some interesting questions!

bencooper
    Free Member

You can imagine the conversation, can’t you. “Dave, this hole’s taking ages to fill!” “Don’t worry, I’ll make up another batch – it’s probably just found a crack or something”

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

“Dave, why’s it all gone dark and quiet?”

kilo

Builders did something similar to a colleague of the Mrs who had his car in a carpark under a building being fitted out – quick drying cement and a Bentley don’t go well together

project
    Free Member

somebodies going to get a bollocking then

loum
    Free Member

2 sugars please

honeybadgerx

loum – Member
    2 sugars please

As it happens sugar works as a retarder in concrete (stops it going off), though it might take more than two in this case!

aP
    Free Member

Hmmm… That’s not going to be easy to fix.
    What’s the betting on Victoria Line Upgrade happening a little bit earlier than expected?

CountZero

Glad I’m not in London Village!

ononeorange

TfL are utter clowns. I like the way they come out with the usual rubbish, “Our engineers are working hard….repairing yet another ****-up”.

That equipment also looks far too new for TfL though so I am suspicious – I’m sure they didn’t have plastic in the early 1900’s…..

Oh great. And yet another strike.

Angry tube user.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Grout!!!
    That lot is ****!

molgrips
    Free Member

Angry tube user.

Get your bloody bike out! I haven’t suffered with an overcrowded tube, strike or delay in London since the summer 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

honeybadgerx – Member

As it happens sugar works as a retarder in concrete (stops it going off), though it might take more than two in this case!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/victoria-line-cement-flooding-fixed-workers-used-sugar-to-stop-spilled-concrete-from-setting-9082206.html

honeybadgerx

@theflatboy

You heard it here first folks!

aP
    Free Member

There’s a fairly level headed discussion about this on London Reconnections. I’m just amazed that after part filling what appears to be a late 60s early 70s IMR which controls Victoria to Brixton with grout they’ve managed to recover the service this morning.
    These kinds of things happen on big infrastructure projects, particularly when dealing with 120 year old underground structures, what’s astounding is how quickly they’ve recovered from a fairly catastrophic event. To the signalling equipment.

Murray

Reminds me of one of my favourite Goon Show gags from Tales of Old Dartmoor:

Entry in prison diary. January twenty second: Convict Eccles fell into a bucket of wet cement and looks like becoming a hardened criminal.

brakes
    Free Member

a spokesman for the RMT union said “… proving once again that it’s directly-employed public sector staff who are needed to deal with this kind of emergency, making a nonsense of Boris Johnson’s Tube staff cuts plans.”

I didn’t know Boris had his own tube staff? Is that because he gets confused by escalators?

theflatboy
    Free Member

aP – Member

what’s astounding is how quickly they’ve recovered from a fairly catastrophic event. To the signalling equipment.

The “after” pictures are pretty amazing considering the “befores”.

wwaswas

lilchris
    Free Member

Screeding needs some work.

aP
    Free Member
    Pook

It’s going to trip up a few games of mornington crescent.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Tube problems in that Landon Town’ is closed to new replies.