Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Tube and tool straps for frame
  • clevertrevor
    Free Member

Granite design worth a look. Ordered direct and arrived (from Far East IIRC) within a week to 10 days. £6 each or so.

pottersmtber
    Free Member

There’s also:

https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/Fixie-velcro-fastening-straps-p/pol01-7544.htm

and

http://www.mtbstrapon.co.uk

Although these don’t have the extra internal straps mentioned by previous posters. I’m still waiting for one that comes complete with some kind of integrated wrap/bag so everything doesn’t get covered in muck and/or multi-tools don’t go rusty. I could just try and source some kind of small drybag I suppose to do this.

astormatt
    Free Member

Is it something like this you are interested in Potters??

https://www.cyclorise.com/store/p129/Lezyne-Roll-Caddy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pottersmtber
    Free Member

Something similar but for the frame.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Bought a couple of those Louri straps at the bike show, nice people and relatively local to me. I like the elasticated straps, keeps everything in place when you take the strap off your bike

mattbee

I bought a DaKine Hot Laps Gripper, which is a bit like a saddle bag designed to attach to down tube instead. It fits a tube, 2 co2 cartridges, mini tool & tyre lever plus a set of brake pads & a chain link. Can’t find them in stock anywhere any more so I bought my wife a Back Country Research clone instead; works as well but doesn’t protect the contents as much.

Saddle fitting wise, both our road bikes have Cyckit Aeroclam seat packs. They are moulded and tuck right under the saddle. Wouldn’t get a mtb tube in there though I don’t think but would definitely work with a stopper post & being more of a rigid plastic easier to keep clean.

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Thanks for reminding me about the DaKine Hot Laps Gripper, it seemed the ideal solution providing more protection, I almost bought one a couple of months ago but decided to wait on more reviews.
    I presume yours has stayed in place ok over rough trails etc?

mattbee

Been fine, mounted just below bottle cage on down tube. It’s not moved at all.

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Great stuff, that’s exactly where I was going to mount mine too, I think it’s a much under-used space on the bike 🙂

orena45

Take a look at MTB Strap On – cheap, custom colours and handmade in the finest county of Cornwall. A little review of sorts on my Blog

pottersmtber
    Free Member

Yeh I mentioned those in my earlier post but they don’t provide any protection for the content.

TiRed

Fizik saddle pack clips to the saddle. The large will easily take a 29er inner tube, Hexus II and CO2. I also use a small one and can still get two road tubes, smaller tool and CO2 in that. I use an Innovations microflate – the smallest CO2 device. Obviously you will need a Fizik saddle.

To be honest, given the size of the inner tube, I’d wrap the tool and CO2 inside the tube and secure with a slice of old inner tube, and velcro under the saddle. It can’t be bigger than a tubular tyre! And for authentic old skool, use a leather toestrap instead of velco.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’m planning on buying a blackcountry mutherload strap, even though silverfish now supply them, they only supply a limited colour range so I’ll end up ordering from America. Could you not order and wait for them to come into stock or is it a rush job?

orena45

@pottersmtber ah sorry, missed that you mentioned MTB Strap On.

He had been testing an integrated pouch but I believe it had a tendancy to flop about on bigger sizes. And no one likes a large strap on to be flopping about willy nilly.  Not sure if he’s still working on it or not now.

andykentos
    Free Member

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Backcountry-Research/Muetherload-Strap-p61361/

In stock in black, ordered from them and from backcountry personally,  might be faster and definitely now issues with import tax.

lornholio
    Free Member

Custom mini front triangle frame bag from beerbabe.co.uk.  Had two made myself for different bikes, nicely made.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for one that comes complete with some kind of integrated wrap/bag so everything doesn’t get covered in muck and/or multi-tools don’t go rusty.

You mean like a saddle bag?

momo

Second post on this thread for me, Have taken a slightly different approach with my Hightower, custom bag from Weecog and OneUp EDC strap to hold a tube indeed the DT. Also using the Oneup pump (brilliant pump on it’s own right!) and will probably order the tool before too long to sit down the pump handle.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Fc8gDG]Santa Cruz Hightower[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

pottersmtber
    Free Member

You mean like a saddle bag?

Yes but for the frame, specifically below the bottle cage. Something like momo has posted above but cheaper, I’m considering a custom beerbabe bag but wondered whether there was another alternative.

BearBack
    Free Member

http://mtbstrapon.co.uk/

I picked up a couple after seeing an STW freshgoodsfriday.
    hand made to order, turned up after a couple of days.
    Will be using it to replace the electricians tape that I’ve been using for years to hold tube/levers under my top tube.
    plus a One Up EDC pump for tools/co2 obv.

nairnster
    Free Member

Silverfish has the Back country straps in stock just now.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve a Bearbabe downtube bag, was about £35, it’s big enough to take this lot with room to spare.

It’s not waterproof though so you’ll need to protect those items that don’t play well with water.

colournoise

Changed my approach since my previous post in this thread. Now using a Fabric Keg that I got for Christmas and a cheap buckled velcro strap from Amazon (about a fiver for 12 of them) to hold a tube under saddle. Prefer the Keg to the Alpkit bag as it’s more accessible, durable and waterproof.

belugabob
    Free Member

I like the look of that piggy, but what happens when you use the tube? Will the strap work if you’re just left with the tool and tyre levers I wonder?

Just put the punctured tube where the spare one came from, surely?

Rubber_Buccaneer

You know everyone else is running tubeless and just carries a spare tube for rare worst case scenarios?

belugabob
    Free Member

You know everyone else is running tubeless and just carries a spare tube for rare worst case scenarios?

Doh – didn’t think of that!

Rather embarrassing, really, as one of my bikes is tubeless. (But I just use a saddlebag, as I don’t use a dropper)

That definitely introduces different buying criteria for tubeless/non tubeless riders.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Tube and tool straps for frame’ is closed to new replies.