Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • TT bars and cable layout
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

How do those of you with a time trial bike arrange the gear cables? I am using some carbon Profile aero extensions that are not drilled. The frame has traditional down tube cable stops. I could, if brave, drill the extensions about 30mm from the end which would miss the bare end shifters and run the cable internally and out the back. This means a near vertical drop to the bosses. I could just tape them tidily but the loops look a bit scruffy. Any brilliant but secret ideas for neat cabling?

schmiken

Alligator cables?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Unfortunately not.

Most have a hole were you describe and route the cables through to the ends of the poles (my Zipp ones for example) but then you end up with a couple of nasty bends to get from the pole ends to the cable stops, especially if you have a lot of stack up to the poles. Even with Nokon outers the shifting is still rubbish. I’m going Di2 for the next build.

Edit… I’d probably go eTap and do away with the routing altogether if it wasn’t for the awkward blip box.

everyone
    Free Member

EPS, DI2 or eTap 😛

mattsccm
    Free Member

Is there a cough splutter smiley. The entire bull bar, extensions, stem, levers and shifters set up cost 30 quid. I might buy some new Benotto tape (and that will be fake stuff) and a new gear inner. N+ lots is done on a budget. Don’t think I’ll bother, its only to look neat.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Best not to drill carbon, if you have to then better as close to the shifters as possible and then run under the tape, this will also give you nicer curve to the stops.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I always did mine with electrical tape, not hugely neat but cheap enough

schmiken

Have you tried cutting down the extensions? Have you got a pic so we can see exactly what you mean too.

TiRed

Extensions normally have a slot hole to exit the gear cable. Some designs exit the cable directly out the back. I’d not hesitate to drill, personally.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘TT bars and cable layout’ is closed to new replies.