Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Crosses in Grenoside today!!
  • cyclelife
    Free Member

Riding there this afternoon with my son sessioning DH3 when 8 x ers rode up the track over every kicker and round most of the berms totally **** up the track. Had a word with one of them as I managed to block his way but just got abuse. They then went and rode up and down the Steel City track.

What a bunch a lazy fat

Sorry on my mobile can’t type much coherent stuff!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I thought this was another religious thread when I read the title. 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is it a DH track? Trail centre? Private?

convert

Everyone using the word ‘sessioning’ should have the words ‘utter throbber’ added as a tag to their username. Then everyone would know everything written below is diarrhea written from a totally biased, usually self orientated stand point.

Sorry if these other riders weren’t rad to max enough for you. Sad state of affairs if 16 wheels ‘totally **** up the track’. Personally I suspect you are fibbing.

edit – unless you are talking motocrosser not cyclo-crossers – in which case I can understand the damage. 😳

‘Sessioning’ comment still stands though 👿

Tracey

We were in the Wharncliffe side this morning and although we didnt see any you could hear the engines and it was evident from some of the tracks that they had been on them. With the amount of water we have had and the mild conditions then it just the stuff they like. Unfortunately its been happening for years and no one can stop them.

cnud
    Free Member

Can’t imagine what these bell ends get out of riding motocrossers over dedicated mtb tracks on Forestry Commision land. Not exactly challenging, probably just talentless, overweight nobbers as stated in the OP. (Which clearly Convert didn’t read)

cp

Everyone using the word ‘sessioning’ should have the words ‘utter throbber’ added as a tag to their username. Then everyone would know everything written below is diarrhea written from a totally biased, usually self orientated stand point.
    Sorry if these other riders weren’t rad to max enough for you. Sad state of affairs if 16 wheels ‘totally **** up the track’. Personally I suspect you are fibbing.

Eh?????

woodnut
    Free Member

convert – it’s motorcross bikes riding UP purpose built MTB trails. Lots of money and hard work gone into those trails and MX bikes make a proper mess of them. But more than that, how dangerous is it riding powerful motorcross bikes where they can come into conflict with horseriders, dog walkers etc?

edit – just ssen converts edit….fair play 😀

philxx1975
    Free Member

convert – it’s motorcross bikes riding UP purpose built MTB trails. Lots of money and hard work gone into those trails and MX bikes make a proper mess of them. But more than that, how dangerous is it riding powerful motorcross bikes where they can come into conflict with horseriders, dog walkers etc

Probably no more dangerous than hoofing down purpose built trails in a wood you dont own, where you might come into contact with Children, Horseriders, Dog walkers?

woodnut
    Free Member

Reckon it is, but I’m not getting drawn into a daft argument, so there

Coyote
    Free Member

Probably not philxx however did you miss the bits about “purpose built MTB trails” and “Lots of money and hard work gone into those trails and MX bikes make a proper mess of them”.

Unless of course you sympathise with said fat inconsiderate bastards.

LAT

edit – unless you are talking motocrosser not cyclo-crossers – in which case I can understand the damage.

‘Sessioning’ comment still stands though

Even if it were push bikers riding the wrong way and wilfully damaging the trails, they’d still be dix.

As for ‘Sessioning’ do you have a preferred and equally concise term the op could use in the future?

steveh

If anyone has any more information on them please let me know, email in profile. Grenoside woods is owned by the Sheffield Wildlife Trust not the FC and the trails are built with the money raised from the Steel City DH race every year – no grants, FC money etc goes to making them only money raised by the volunteer work we do to run the race not to mention everyone who comes out to dig days etc to look after the trails.

convert

As for ‘Sessioning’ do you have a preferred and equally concise term the op could use in the future?

Let’s try……’practising’? Is that not cool enough?

My revulsion at the term is mainly because everyone I’ve heard use in the real world is considered a dickhead and eminently punchable by all and sundry.

singlespeedstu

They weren’t “crossers”
    They were **** on bikes.
    Please try not to accuse innocent people of shit they’ve not done.

philxx1975
    Free Member

probably just talentless, overweight nobbers

I wonder if the KOOL KIDZ look at fat middle aged talentless overwaight nobbers sessioning like WORLD CHAMPS and think hey you paid to build something on some land , when I grow up I get to be priveledged like you….NO I DOUBT IT

Maybe they should just refrain from judging others using the great out doors?

Coyote
    Free Member

Maybe they should just refrain from judging others using destroying the great out doors?

FIFY

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I know we shouldn’t feed the troll but come on…

Philxx1975- this is a designated one way DH mtb track, in a sensitive woodland setting and you’re arguing that people should be allowed to drive motorised vehicles up it against the flow of the traffic…

Get a grip. There are plenty of less sensitive sites with less vulnerable traffic available and the motorcrossers should go and ride there.

Unbelievable.

survivor

This escalated quickly!

it appears some folk didn’t understand the OP at first as surely no one on here thinks motocross bikes on mountain bike trails is defendable. We can only hope they get caught at some point as the bikes can get confiscated.

it also seems some don’t ride DH much were sessioning is a normal everyday word but haters gonna hate. Bet someone hates that phrase as well ?

transporter13
    Free Member

We were up there today…the mxers were totally ignorant to the riders coming down the track and ignored us shouting at them.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve seen a famous bike rider riding an engined trials bike on the edge of some of the trails up there

philxx1975
    Free Member

Electric worry – your sensitive high horse has bolted mate.

You seem to forget there are other vulnerable users in that wood too ,whilst some Jackass MTBers also treat it like their own personal race track and cause grief to walkers and other groups.

Obviously because you ride a bike you think everyone is going to agree with your POV 🙄

sorry but everyone will get banned outta there eventually because some cant just keep their own team in check and that ain’t gonn be walkers and horses.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Treating a purpose built downhill race track as a downhill race track, whatever next!

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Actually Phil, I agree with you on the horses (not my high horse mind), both greno and wharnie fire roads are no place to be overdoing it on a mtb or a Motocrosser. But hey, maybe we should all accept a blanket ban because of a few idiots… I don’t really see what you’re trying to achieve with your angle here.

philxx1975
    Free Member

maybe we should all accept a blanket ban because of a few idiots

I just see it more as an inevitibility than a maybe, sadly

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I hope you’re wrong Phil, as I think the trails in Greno fill a much needed gap.
    What changes do you think would need to be made so that all users were kept safe and happy? I’ve not seen any incidents with horses or dog walkers to be honest but I’m aware that they happen.
    Clearer signage at the bottoms do tops of the runs? More of an obstacle to slow riders before reaching the bridleway/ fire roads at the bottom?

Pook

Those flappy spike things you get in car parks

woodnut
    Free Member

The unofficial tracks in wharny caused a bit of bother in the past with inconsiderate mtbers popping onto plank gate fire road at full pelt and spooking horses. There’s very little conflict in Greno afaik, vast majority of all groups, walkers horseriders and mtbers get along fine. Theres a few bellends for sure, but very few. I get that the motorcross guys need somewhere, but the woods is closed to them.

LAT

Let’s try……’practising’? Is that not cool enough?

Practising is good, but doesn’t it imply that ‘getting better’ is an objective of the effort? Sessioning sounds as if it could be just for fun, otherwise wouldn’t it be training?

grum
    Free Member

My revulsion at the term is mainly because everyone I’ve heard use in the real world is considered a dickhead and eminently punchable by all and sundry.

I think this reflects more on you than the people using the word sessioning TBH.

antigee

my experience from Wharnecliffe which I used to live near enough to hear MX’s was that most weren’t kids on stolen bikes but well equipped adult groups knowingly doing what they were doing – most effective approach is to drive round and look for white vans / utes parked up with MX stickers and sooner or later the bikers will appear and a registration is a very useful tool, that and a post code for the location – if you can get a direct line to a local community officer that helps a lot as well otherwise its just another nuisance report

The conflict in Wharnecliffe between horseriders and Downhillers (non motorised) much overstated by the horseriders – there was one nasty accident a long long time ago – not good but its is always dragged up as if it happens every week – i do believe that it would be better if the DH’s could be terminated on another track parallel to and above the “fire road” and that there shouldn’t be any directly crossing it but while building is not encouraged its not going to get sorted how it should be

mattbee

I don’t know if this would work for you but down here I evolved a strategy for getting rid of idiots on mx bikes.
    Portsdown Hill outside Portsmouth is mainly sssi. Thin layer of soil/grass over the chalk which takes years to recover from being torn up,by motorised, chunky tyres. I used to operate a site which had a concrete access road down the hill which was popular as a parking spot for vans containing a couple of bikes.
    Would block our entrance, affecting our business as well as the damage to the surrounding land.
    My boss would get in their faces and end up with things getting quite heated, they would just carry on etc…
    I used to pop over to them and tell them the police had been sniffing around looking for mx riders and their vehicles. That would usually get a ‘thanks’ for tipping them off and they would clear off…

robdob
    Free Member

“I think this reflects more on you than the people using the word sessioning TBH”

+1 what a prat!

globalti
    Free Member

MX damage in the Pennines near Rochdale a few years ago.

grenosteve
    Free Member

The ****ts ride up and down main street doing wheelies too. Something tells me they aint bothered by the police…

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve not been up there for a very long time but I remember a fair few motorbikes going the wrong way up the tracks and mullering the jumps etc. They didn’t seem bothered when people confronted them.

I’m surprised that there’s not more conflict there really.

siloseven
    Free Member

The conflict in Wharnecliffe between horseriders and Downhillers (non motorised) much overstated by the horseriders – there was one nasty accident a long long time ago – not good but its is always dragged up as if it happens every week

What was this incedent out if interest? I was involved in one a few years back that was reported in very biased way and I im interested to know if it’s the one that’s grown into some sort of urban legend…

philjunior
    Free Member

I too thought of cyclocrossers, and wasn’t sure why they were fat and lazy (and although I could see how some damage could be caused, was pretty on the fence about the whole thing).

MXers ripping up the trail is a pita. One MX bike can do a lot of damage even on a run used by a lot of DHers. You can bet that they would be bothered by the police if they were getting their bikes confiscated, wheelies down the high street or not.

scuttler

There’s a few threads on here that go from 0-**** in a short space of time but looking at Convert’s post is this a record?

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s a Christmas thing I think, lot of people out there feeling a bit wound up at the mo.

Edit: I mean the STW grumpiness, not the motorbike ****.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Crosses in Grenoside today!!’ is closed to new replies.