Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • trying to use my multi adaptor to power my boss me-25 effects pedal
  • racefaceec90

i have a regulated multi adaptor like this one which i want to use to power my boss ME-25 multi effects pedal.

in the manual it says that the power supply is DC 9V (150 ma).

my adaptor is rated up to 300MA so it should be fine (correct me if i’m wrong though).

have set the switch to 9v and used the right connector but when i plug it in and switch on the pedal still stays off?

as the official boss power plug is over £20 i didn’t want to have to spend to buy one (as my multi adaptor should do the job).

just wondering why it isn’t working?

ta 🙂

lodious
    Free Member

Is the polarity correct ? I have a Boss one doing nothing, if you want to pm your details I’ll post it out next week.

racefaceec90

e mail sent lodious (that is very kind of you 😀

have no idea about the polarity tbh 😕

RichPenny
    Free Member

In the pic you posted, there are a pair of pins in the connector end, which each little adaptor goes onto. Fit the adaptor one way, and + goes to the outer metal contact on the adaptor and – goes to the inner contact. Remove, turn 180 degrees and refit would make + go to the inner contact.

Basically, you need to try pulling the adaptor part out, turning through 180 degrees then refit. Should work then. There should be a little diagram on the boss which tells you whether the outer contact is + or -, as well.

racefaceec90

richpenny THANK YOU 😀 man i feel like an idiot (just turned the plug around and it’s working woohoo 😀

will e-mail you again lodious to let you know (thanks again for the offer though 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

😀

lodious
    Free Member

Thats cool, glad you got it sorted 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘trying to use my multi adaptor to power my boss me-25 effects pedal’ is closed to new replies.