Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • trying to get gpx files onto garmin 800, what am i doing wrong?
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Hi folks. i im trying to put gpx files onto my 800 to no avail. just dont know where im going wrong. Im downloading them onto a folder on my computer then plugging in my garmin, a window appears asking if i want a want to do and i click open files on device.. ive tried dragging them into a folder on the device. they seem to transfer over, but when i look on the device theres nothing there.. 😕

BigDummy
    Free Member

You have to put them in the “new files” folder on the device, not the “courses” folder.

I forget that every single time…

oliverracing

Are you putting the in the “Garmin/NewFiles” folder?

EDIT: beaten to it

IanW
    Free Member

Through Garmin connect- connect 800- upload files- manual upload- select gpx, it will save it as an activity. Open the activity- save as course and usually rename- send to device- select 800- done.

Sounds complicate but it will take seconds the second time.

cp

as above if you’re doing it through windows explorer – they need to go in /garmin/new files.

After you remove the 800 from the computer then you need to power off and on.

christhetall
    Free Member

Various ways to import them (drag in basecamp, upload using BikeHike, or put into the new files directory with explorer

However I find that it can only cope with one at a time, which is a bit of a pain. Anyone else have this problem, or know a way around it ?

Haze

If none of the above work try saving as *.tcx files before copying into the new files folder.

large418
    Free Member

And do 1 file at a time.
    Drag into new files folder (on either device or sd card it doesn’t matter)
    Unplug garmin
    Power off then on
    Check course is present on garmin
    Repeat for 2nd GPx

I have had some GPx files not recognised by my device, but this appears random

I also save the files to the sd card as I have had the garmin lock up, for which the only solution is a hard reset that wipes everything on its internal memory.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replies folks.. got it uploading now. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘trying to get gpx files onto garmin 800, what am i doing wrong?’ is closed to new replies.